𝐕𝐈.

1976

1976

JAMES POTTER IS a very stubborn boy, especially when it's about a certain redhead. People never understand why he tries so hard, even when he knows he has no chance. But still, it is never a surprise that James askes Lily Evans out. Especially when it is a Hogsmeade weekend.

That Friday morning, James felt incredibly confident. He went over to where the redhead sat with her friends, gave her his infamous Potter smirk, and before he could utter a word, Lily said "No."

James looked at her confused. "You don't even know what I was about to say." He stated matter of factly.

Lily gave him a cold stare. "You are very predictable. A Hogsmeade weekend is coming up and I'm guessing you were about to ask me out. So no, I would not like to accompany you to Hogsmeade."

James stared at the beautiful young girl. "But don't you want to spend a Saturday afternoon with the most handsome lad in Hogwarts, my Lilypad."

Lily bluntly admitted she already had a date. "I already am."

James looked at her confused, so Lily continued. "Not that it's any of your business, but Amos Diggory already asked me. And I said yes."

As much as James tried to hide his hurt, Maddison saw right through him. She knew that facial expression he was wearing because she was wearing it as well.

Maddison Toussaint didn't know when she developed feelings for her best friend. Maybe it was that time in their first year, where he defended her against those nasty seventh-year Slytherins. Maybe it was that time in their fourth year when he almost beat up Michael Smith for standing her up on their date. Maybe it was even earlier than she realized, maybe it was when they were little kids, running around their neighborhood.

"Are you ok?" Liana asked. She was the only one who knew about Maddison's little crush on a certain quidditch captain.

Maddison didn't know how to answer Liana's question. She knew this was nothing new. She knew it was common for James to ask Lily out every two days. Maddison sure as hell knew, that James could never reciprocate her feelings. "I don't know what to tell you. I shouldn't be hurting this much, should I?"

Liana sat next to her friend and put a comforting arm around her. "It's totally normal to feel this way. You cant change the way you feel towards him. It's not going to stop, this hurt you feel. It is always going to follow you. But throughout time, it will hurt less and less. You want to know why?" Liana asked. Maddison looked to her right, with tear-filled eyes. "Because you are Maddison Toussaint and you don't need no boy to be strong. If James doesn't see how amazing you are, then he is missing out on a great girl. "

Liana hugged her best friend. "And by the way, you will have an absolutely bloody brilliant time with Regulus and me." She gave her a reassuring smile.

Maddison decided to stay up in the Astronomy Tower for a little longer, while Liana went to find her other friend.