𝟎.

1971

1971

KING CROSS STATION was bustling with families - some were emotional and some didn't show any emotions on their faces.

One of them was the Relish family, most importantly, it was Liana Relish first year.

She looked around the station in awe until she turned to her father. Liana's father was an important ministry worker and a part of the sacred twenty - eight. He put everything into his work and nothing into his family. He didn't know how to show any affection.

That's why, when he was was leaving his daughter, he only gave her a curt nod. No kiss, no hug, not even a light tap on the shoulder.

These were the things that Liana Relish could only dream of.

Liana Relish was a petit little 11 year old girl. She didn't know it yet, but she wasn't the person she wanted to be. She was a creation. A prejudice pureblood that didn't know any better. It was the way she was raised.

Liana Relish was a curious girl. She wanted to know what behind those walls was, but she never had the chance to. She hoped, she believed that Hogwarts would give her that opportunity.

-----

"Is it okey if I sit here?", a tall lanky boy with sandy brown hair and brown eyes stood in front of Liana's compartment.

"Of course" , she tried to sound as friendly as she could. To be fair, growing up as a pureblood wasn't easy. She never got to be friends with the people she wanted to. This was her chance to finally make friends with someone, that isn't Regulus Black.

The talk lanky boy sat opposite to her and saw the the book she was reading, "Little Women?".

She smiled "Yes. It's my favorite book." She looked up at him and realized how close they actually were.

She could see every detail on his face. The newly fresh red cut, just above his lip. His brown eyes, that had a glint of mischief in them if you looked close enough.

"I'm Liana Relish.", she introduced herself, trying to hide the fact that she was obviously checking him out.

He shook her hand, "I'm Remus Lupin. It's nice to meet you."

Before she had a chance, to say anything else to him, their compartment door opened.

In front stood two boys. One of them had messed up black hair, like he didn't brush his hair, ever. He had glasses on that were too big for his head and a smirk that clearly showed everyone in the compartment that he did something he shouldn't have done.

The other boy, Liana knew too well. Sirius Black. He looked exactly like his parents. Black long hair that goes to his shoulder and piercing grey eyes, that you could get lost in, if you looked long enough. There was one thing that separated him from his parents, he had a smile on his face and not a frown all the time.

Liana sighed, she couldn't stand Sirius Black and his attitude.

After bumping fists with the messy hair boy, for whatever they did, Sirius turned around to be face to face with Liana Relish and his smirk widened. This day couldn't get better for him.

He chuckled and sat next to Liana. "If it isn't my favorite Relish. What a pleasant surprise to bump into you on the train ride, wouldn't you say so, love."

She grimaced at the nickname and put a bit of space between them. "No Black. It was enough that I spend most of my summer with you. Now get your hand off my shoulder." She slapped his hand away.

He winced and chuckled. "Not very lady like of you, wouldn't want daddy finding out about this."

She stiffened for a minute but remained her cold expression towards him. "You are a pain in the ass, Sirius Black."

She stood up, took her luggage and before she got out of that compartment she smiled at Remus "It was nice meeting you Remus.", and then she turned towards Sirius and now the messy haired boy who sat next to him. "Black, messy hair boy", she glared at Sirius and nodded to the boy with the glasses and left to find herself a new compartment.

------

A stern looking woman, with incredible feminine features was waiting for the first years in front of the Great Hall. The woman, she later learned would be her Transfiguration teacher Minerva McGonagall, explained to them all about their houses before the Sorting Ceremony.

Liana knew she couldn't be anything else except Slytherin. She was pretty sure if the Sorting hat didn't put her in that house, that her father wouldn't have that and come straight to Hogwarts and demand from the Headmaster to re-sort her.

Liana always secretly wanted to be sorted into Ravenclaw. She always thought she would make a really good Ravenclaw.

All the first years were lined up in front of a stool with the sorting hat on. Once McGonagall sorted out everything, she cleared her throat and started to read the names off a parchment.

"Auxier, Bailey"

Once the hat was on her head, the hat shouted "HUFFLEPUFF!"

As the sorting went on, Liana got more and more nervous, because she knew the consequences if she didn't get sorted into Slytherin.

She was so anxious and so much in her own head, that she almost missed the sorting of one infamous Sirius Black. You could say that she was shocked that the hat shouted out Gryffindor instead of Slytherin. She was even more shocked when he walked proudly over to the Gryffindor table.

Everything was silent for a few seconds. Even the staff didn't say anything. Everyone knew that the Blacks got sorted into Slytherin for centuries.

A few other students were called before her. When it was her time, she didn't know what to do with her hands. "Relish, Liana."

When she sat on the stool, the hat, that was too big for such a petit 11 year old girl, was placed onto her head. A voice appeared in her head, that startled the girl a little bit. "Hmmmm." it murmured, "such a great mind. So much wisdom and power to prove yourself. So much potential, but where to put you?"

Please be Slytherin. Please be Slytherin. Please be Slytherin. She thought over and over in her head. As much as she wanted to be a Ravenclaw, she knew she would never hear the end of it, back home. Her father wouldn't have it.

The hat gave a little chuckle "My dear, you must know that your father can't control your decisions forever. If you really don't want to be Ravenclaw", at this moment, Liana was pretty sure that she was shaking out of nervousness, " better be -SLYTHERIN!"

She smiled, stood up and proudly made her way over to the Slytherin table.

What she didn't know yet was, that a certain someone, wouldn't be very nice to her, for the next couple of years.

-----

A.N. This chapter is just a prologue. I just wanted you to have a little introduction to some of the characters. The next chapter will be in sixth year, so you have nothing to worry about. That's when all the drama and the interesting things happen.