When they hold their hand out for something but you lay your hand on theirs

Arthur:

He was spying on some O'Driscolls but he couldn't see them well so he held his hand out, mumbling binoculars, only to get confused when you laid your hand on his. He looked at you with a "what are you doing?" expression so you gave him a confused one so he told you he needs his binocular. When you let out an "ow" and held them out, he couldn't help but chuckle as he took them, saying a thanks before using them, ignoring what just happened to focus on these damn O'Driscolls.

John:

He was searching for a clean shirt, freezing as a breeze came by. He hurried to you as he saw a shirt aside you, holding his hand out, about to ask for it when you suddenly put your hand on his making his whole brain shut down, no thoughts in his mind, all he knew was that he was confused but liking the hand holding so he just held your hand, not asking for his shirt because then he will have to let go, not even caring for the cold breeze right now.

Dutch:

He was searching for a pencil to write in his journal when he saw you holding a pencil so he held his hand out. You weren't sure what he wanted so you just put your hand on his hand which made him stare before laughing, telling you as much as he loves to hold your hand, he was referring to the pencil.

Hosea:

He noticed you held the newspaper as you walked back into camp after returning from a nearby town so he held his hand out for the paper. As he was about to ask for the newspaper, you put your hand on his which made him chuckle before he told you he was gonna ask for the newspaper but this is also good.

Charles:

He needed his bow as he was planning to go hunting. He held his hand out as the bow was aside you, about to ask for it when you put your hand on his making him raise his eyebrow before chuckling, nodding to the bow aside you, saying he wanted that. When you got embarrassed and apologized, he assured you there is nothing to apologize for and this was very cute and sweet of you.

Javier:

He wanted his guitar, which laid aside you, so he held his hand out, asking in Spanish for it but everyone was too loud so you couldn't properly hear him or guess what he was saying so you just put your hand on his. He was very confused by this but then chuckled and just held your hand, deciding his guitar can wait since this is better.

Kieran:

He needed a brush for the horses so he softly asked you for the brush aside you, holding his hand out. You weren't really listening, just saw his hand to you which confused you so you put yours on his, which made his face turn red as he stuttered out, a little louder now, that he was asking for the brush and not your hand before he quickly added not that he minds your hand since he likes holding hands but he has to get the horses brushed.

Mary-Beth:

She seems to have lost her book which made her go around camp, searching for it. When she saw it aside you, she remembered she had left it with you for safe keeping so she hurried over, holding her hand out, about to ask for the book when you just put your hand on hers, finishing your talk with Lenny to look up at Mary-Beth and ask her what's wrong. She was stuck between saying she was gonna ask for the book and not your hand or just make up a lie and hold your hand. She decided to smile and sit aside you, holding your hand still, saying she was curious as to what you two were talking about.

Sadie:

She stared at her hand before looking at you, asking what you are doing. When you said you thought she wanted your hand, she gave you a mixed look between "how stupid are you?" and "that's weirdly wholesome" before chuckling that she wanted the thing behind you.