029

'ᴡʜᴇɴ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴅᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴠᴏʀ' -ᴇʟᴏɴ ᴍᴜsᴋ

My eyes caught the blade that was left on the ground and I ran towards it with pace so fast I was surprised I hadn't fallen

My eyes caught the blade that was left on the ground and I ran towards it with pace so fast I was surprised I hadn't fallen. Gripping the knife tightly in my hand I rush towards the boy with sword up high and stabbed it as hard as I could into his back.

Cato let out a loud cry before falling off of Clove and tumbling onto the ground. I grabbed a hold of Cloves arm and helped her up. "Are you okay?" She nodded her head at my concern before advancing towards the bleeding boy.

"You were a good friend Cato. It's a shame it has to be like this."

"Do what you got to do Clove. You deserve this, more than I do at least." I noticed the small tear that fell down his face and dropping onto the dirt.

I never once took my eyes away from the scene in front of me, even when Clove dragged the knife across his throat, ending his life almost instantly with another blow to the chest, right where the heart was. The canon went off and she turned around to me. "What now?" It came out as a whimper as I suddenly remembered that only one of us could win.

"You're being a good a girlfriend." A smile rose on her face. "Even though I never properly asked you to be mine. I still thought of you as that." Her voice cracked and her eyes began to tear up. I walked up to her before embracing her into a hug. Sadness and anger radiated off her as I felt the same. This was goodbye.

I looked up at her before placing my lips onto hers for a passionate kiss. My hands reached up to the back of her head to pull her in as close as possible. This moment right here, was one I would never forget. Over the few days I had known her I had grown to feel deeply for her. I never believed in love at first sight, but I'd also never met someone that makes me feel the same way that Clove makes me feel.

I pulled away from the kiss and placed my forehead against hers. "I don't want to leave you." I whispered. A small smile drifted on her face.

"It's going to be okay." No matter how many times she could attempt to reassure me, nothing would help me to feel great about leaving. "Don't think too much about it." Everyone wanted me to make it back home. My parents, Mateo, Rue, Dawn and Kreed, and even Clove.

"But that's not fair. You deserve-" Our moment was interrupted with the sound of rustling of leaves. A deep growl could be heard, hidden behind the trees.

The sounds got louder as we impatiently waited for what was out there. What was hidden in the forest? Then it revealed itself to us.

(A/N: I just stopped by to say thank you all so much for taking the time to read and like my story. I really appreciate you all and I am extremely happy to hear that you guys are enjoying. But as you all may know this story is nearing to end with around 2-3 chapters left. Thankyou all for joining me along the journey of writing my story.)