010

𝕿𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝕶𝖎𝖑𝖑

'ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴀᴄᴋ sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ; ᴛʜᴇʏ ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴡɪʟʟ'

- Victor Hugo

That morning I had woken up tired as ever

That morning I had woken up tired as ever. My thoughts caused me to have a lack of sleep and now I had spent the day training. By the time I had arrived everyone was already busy at their stations. There was no point in hiding that I had skill with an axe since my private information was being handed over to the Careers anyway, so I went over to the empty station and picked up the axe. It was slightly heavier than the ones we had at home, but I could make it work. Whenever I was left alone in the woods, I would practice throwing my axe into large chunks of wood.

I swung the axe at the dummy in front of me and took off its head before I quickly turned around and did the same thing to the other three. I knew it wasn't the best I could but swinging a heavy axe was hard to do. I took note that using a sword would be better due to it being lighter. I threw the axe at the dummy that was stood further away, and it hit right in the head. It wasn't the target I was going for, but it would have the same outcome. I spent a while at that station making sure I was confident with hitting the target or somewhere serious and then I moved back to the bows. I had to wear on hitting the target because it was something that could actually help me, especially if I'm going to set camp in trees. "You're pretty good with an axe you know." Both Tributes from District 13 were stood beside me watching as I released the arrow. "I'm Dawn and this is Kreed." Dawn had a welcoming smile on her face whereas Kreed had serious look, his focus was behind me on who I am guessing is the Careers.

"Marlowe." I hated that people wanted to talk to me. It made things harder for me. I'd rather be lonely and able to kill people than have to kill the people that had meaning towards me.

"Just a quick tip, if you raise your elbow a bit higher, when you're using the bow, then you should be able to hit the target easier." Once again, they vanished before I even had the time to thank them, already halfway over the survival section. Dawn and Rue had been nothing but helpful to me, and to think that in soon time I was either going to have to kill them, see them die or have them kill me. That was something I wasn't prepared for. In such a short amount of time, I had grown a connection between one too many people and it wasn't looking good for the games.

A loud thud echoed through the room and one of the Tributes were laying on the floor. The Careers were stood laughing and smirking at the fallen boy. I was intrigued with what the boy was going to do as walked over to the weights. He picked up one of the heaviest weights there and lifted it. He was able to then throw the heavyweight into a rack of spears and swords. The loud noise averted everyone's attention to the blonde boy. The Careers were clearly in shock as they walked away, not paying any more attention to him.

I once again caught the eyes of Clove as she was already staring at me. A little head tilt was enough to change her gaze as she focused on her fellow Tributes.

What was it about this girl that intrigued me?