025

"ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀɪsᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴘʀɪᴠɪʟᴇɢᴇ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ, ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ, ᴛᴏ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏ, ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ..."
― Marcus Aurelius

I woke up with a jolt as I remembered where I was

I woke up with a jolt as I remembered where I was. I was in the arena, only I was all alone. I couldn't see Clove anywhere. Maybe she just went for a walk. I stood up from where I was laying and stretched widely. Everything felt odd. I walked out of the cave I had fallen asleep in and looked around, the sky wasn't as bright as it usually is. As I was going to go for a wander I heard a noise. A branched snapped to the right of me and I was surprised at what I was seeing. "Rue!" I walked towards the young girl with a smile on my face, but before I could reach her I was stopped.

"Don't go anywhere near her!" On my left was Dawn who was stood in front of Kreed.

"Dawn? Kreed? What are you guys doing here?" I remembered seeing them get killed, their canons went off. So how were they here? "You guys died. I heard the canon."

"No, you left us to die. You were never our friend. If it wasn't for you we would never have been here in the first place. It is all your fault." Kreed spoke with anger as he took large strides towards me, his sword in hand.

"I'm sorry. I- I should have done something to help." I was a sobbing mess, but I shouldn't have been. I didn't deserve their forgiveness. I had left them out there to die and didn't bother returning. The only confusing thing being is that they were for certain dead. Rue couldn't have possibly survived a spear through the stomach and there was no way Kreed would survive the poisonous berries. Something wasn't right.

I snapped back into reality, but was hit with some more horrible stuff. No longer in front of me was Rue, Dawn and Kreed. Instead they were replaced by three people. Clove, Cato and Glimmer. "Did you really think I could ever like you? You truly are naïve. But oh well, that just makes this kill even better." A smirk grew on her face and then she charged. Her knife was tightly gripped in her hands as she approached me. The other Careers were laughing evilly as I accepted my fate. I was going to die.

My eyes widened with surprise as I rushed to stand up. I frantically looked around the cave only to see Clove laying on the ground. It was then I took it all in. I just had a nightmare, and I was also cuddled up with Clove. My head had been on her chest and her arms had been around my waist. It was an intimate situation for such a inhumane situation.

The abrupt movement from me rushing to get up had awoken her from her slumber. She lifted herself to her knees and looked around curiously. "Is everything okay?"

"I- uh- Yeah. Sorry, just a nightmare. I didn't mean to wake you." I laid back down beside her this time.

"Are you sure? Did you want to talk about it?" I shook my head to her reply.

"Sorry for falling asleep last night." My voice had gone down to a whisper as I scrapped a rock I had found onto the ground. The rock allowed me to draw pattern into the ground.

"That's no problem. You're pretty cute when you sleep." I stopped what I was looking and my eyes widened. Not anymore than 5 minutes ago I was having a nightmare that she was going to murder me and now here I was getting flustered over a small compliment.

"What are we going to do today?" I decided that changing the topic would be best.

"People hunting. Hopefully we find the girl from 5 then we'll rest up for Cato and Glimmer." A simple plan, according to her. If something was to go wrong and she was to get hurt then I would be stuffed. I wouldn't be able to protect her because I would never have the guts to take another persons life, it wasn't in my blood.