008

𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕱𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖘𝖙

'sʜᴇ ʜᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ғʟᴀᴍᴇs ᴏғ ᴘᴀssɪᴏɴ ᴇᴍᴀɴᴀᴛɪɴɢ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ ʜᴇʀ sᴏᴜʟ. sʜᴇ ʜᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍʙᴇʀs ᴏғ ɪᴅᴇᴀʟɪsᴍ ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ!'
-Avijeet Das

The knife station was occupied by the District 2's female as she managed to throw every knife on target

The knife station was occupied by the District 2's female as she managed to throw every knife on target. I took notice of her stance, the way she held the knife and how much strength she used when throwing and then she noticed me. She was taller than I am, but shorter than most other Tributes and she certainly could do some damage. "What are you looking at 14?" Her voice was raspy as she glared at me. I felt as if I had just been caught staring at her in an intimate way and I didn't know what to say.

"Just seeing how to use a knife." I was quiet as I spoke afraid of crying if I spoke to loud.

"I'll show you when one of these is going through your head." Her eyes were filled with hatred and I couldn't understand how anyone could ever be that violent.

I turned around and left figuring that best place for me to be right now was the survival. I was able to gather basic knowledge on how to handle certain weapons just from watching. It was based off of whether that would be good enough to at least get me survive a day or two.

I spotted the younger girl from District 11 climbing down from the tree trunk. "Hey! Do you want me to show you how to climb?" The innocent smile on her face made me think about Mateo. It surprised me that anyone would allow such young children to enter the games. No one had the heart to volunteer their lives in order for these children to live.

"That'd be nice, thank-you. I'm Marlowe."

There was branches in the tree that was weak and I was able to spot most of them just from looking at the tree although I did still struggle with some of the more harder ones. Rue informed that it would be best to sleep in a tree at night as most Tribute wouldn't spend an ounce of their time learning how to climb, so they'd most likely fall from their lack of knowledge or not even notice. "Back in District 11 I would use a slingshot to hit things out of a tree. They don't have one here though." As soon as she opened her mouth I knew I was ruined. My plan was to avoid being close to anyone so that way, if need be, I wouldn't have a problem with doing any harm to them. Yet here I was listening to the life of Rue back in District 11.

"My brother actually taught me how to make one. I can show you." We swapped information that we could use in the Hunger Games, even though she knew plenty more than I did. The last thing we did was knot tying before we all called to go back to our rooms.

On the way back I was able to think through what I would do for training tomorrow. I was going to have to eventually test out one of the other weapons to see if I was capable of handling one of them. As I got to my room I heard talking happening. "The deal was that she was to be the representative of District 14 in the Hunger Games in exchange for her family keeping everything. I never said anything about what would happen during that time. Who cares if we give the Careers what she knows. She has no chance at surviving anyways."

What on Earth