028

'ᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ғɪɴᴅ ᴀ ᴡᴀʏ, ᴏʀ ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴏɴᴇ'

-ᴘʜɪʟɪᴘ sɪᴅɴᴇʏ

Stood in front of me was an angry Cato, sword in one hand and the other balled tightly into a fist. The smirk on his face grew once he recognized who I was. "Well, well, well." He walked closer to me before circling around me, like a predator to its prey. "What do we have here?" He let out an amused chuckle.

My eyes never once left his position, following his every move. I had my axe tightly held in my right hand, but I knew that my hesitation would get to the best of me. I was screwed.

"Once I'm done with you then that's it, Clove and I win." He flipped his sword around in his hand before catching it again. "I know Clove killed Glimmer; she was never that good. Just a bit of entertainment for the time being." I felt disgusted with his words, how he treated Glimmer like she was an object to be tossed around. "I promised the myself and to the Gamemakers that this would be a good show, so I'm going to make sure your death is slow and painful." I stumbled backwards at his words which caused him to take long strides towards me.

Without any hesitation I turned around and ran away. I called as loud as I possibly could out to Clove which would, no doubt, confuse the brute on my trail.

I managed to get quite a bit away from Cato as he tripped over a log and face planted hard into the ground. "Clove! Clove, where are y-" I ran straight into the same person I had been calling out to. "Clove! Cato. He's here." I huffed out a few words as I attempted to catch my breath.

"Where is he?" I didn't miss the blood that was left on the girl's knife as she checked me for any marks.

"I guess I can't say that I'm surprised." We both turn around to see Cato glaring heavily at Clove. "I suspected with how much you so desperately wanted to see her."

"Back off Cato." He shook his head at as he laughed at the girl.

"Or what? What are you going to do Clove? We could have won this, won this together. But considering you wanted to go and back stab your friends there is no chance in that happening." He lightly ran his finger over the blade of his sword. "But." He paused for a second before continuing. "I am willing to let this go if you want to work together and put on a good show for the Gamemakers."

"Go to hell." Clove threw her blade towards the boy, catching him by surprise and leaving him only a second to move. The blade cut his arm and sent him flying to the ground.

Clove quickly charged towards Cato, already having another knife in hand. Cato was fast in recovering from his fall and staggering back up before weakly swinging his sword at Clove, causing her to duck under his attack. She elbowed her District partner's arm causing the sword to go flying out of his hand and landing away from the two fighting. I was unsure of what to do as I stood awkwardly watching the two.

Cato retaliated with hard punches until he finally got the dangerous girl off him and switched so she was on the ground. Clove flung her knife at him only to end up missing and landing a little away from me.

It was as if time went slowly as Cato raised his sword above his head. This was it. It was all going to be over. We were done for.