211-220

Chapter 211 Mother's Old Servant, Unexpected Meeting with He Xia By the Carriage

The sun set early in winter. Now, the sun already hung low in the sky, and the red clouds spread the glowing hue over the sky.

Against the red clouds, her plain clothes seemed to be shrouded in pink color. Between her transcription, a perfect smile appeared on her delicate face. She fluttered her slightly curled eyelashes, and slightly opened her cherry red mouth. Her skin was as tender and bright as snow. In the glowing lights, she looked even more beautiful.

This was what Feng Yuran saw when he stepped in!

Slowly turning the pages, the girl fixed her crystal clear eyes on them from time to time. She looked so absorbed and mild, the pink color on her clothes was so ethereal.

"Third Miss Mo, what brought you here?" Feng Yuran was a little dazed and walked over to ask.

Mo Xuetong also looked startled, because she didn't expect to see him here.

"Greetings, Your Highness!" She rose to bow low to Feng Yuran. It didn't matter if she was surprised or not, she had to act ritually.

Feng Yuran glanced at the book which Mo Xuetong was transcribing. He frowned and asked in doubt. "Please rise, Third Miss Mo. Copying pages? Why? Just buy it!"

Mo Xuetong explained with a smile. "This book is already taken. Someone bought it and hasn't picked it up yet."

Feng Yuran didn't think it would make much of a difference. It was just a medicine book. Mo Xuetong seemed a little tired, she must have been copying it for too long. Thus, his eyes turned cold and face fell. "Who bought it? Just buy it at a higher price."

By Feng Yuran's side, the shopkeeper had been standing with an apologetic smile. Hearing Feng Yuran's words, he hurried to answer, "Your Highness, you bought the book and left it here..."

Feng Yuran was in a daze. "I bought it? Oh, that book." Then, he remembered. He had a light smile on his lips. He reached out to close the book and pushed it before Mo Xuetong. "Last time I found you liked medicine books so I booked one here. I was just going to gift it to you some time, didn't expect you found it in advance."

Did he intend to give this book to her? Biting her lips, she somewhat blushed at the sight of his languid and wicked grin.

She coughed lightly. Initially, she wanted to turn down his offer, but she was really content with the book. Just now, when she was copying down the words, she found most of the herbs recorded relevant to her daily life. If she had one, she would greatly benefit from it. Anyway, she had owed a lot to him. Therefore, after consideration, she decided to stand on no ceremony and curtsied. "Thank Your Highness."

Seeing that Mo Xuetong agreed, Mo Yu and Mo Ye timely collected the papers and ink on the desk. They folded her unfinished transcription papers and booklets and gathered them.

Mo Xuetong had been copying in a small single room. Sometimes, customers would read here, thus it was very quiet. The royal guards withdrew outside the room and were blocking the only exit. Mo Yu and Mo Ye hesitated a little and walked there as well. Therefore, in a small place like a booth, only two remained.

Mo Xuetong was feeling a little uncomfortable and was going to leave.

However, Feng Yuran spoke, slightly irritated. "Why did you attend that Qin gathering? Why did you come to that place? Did someone bully you?"

He must be talking about the matter concerning Fifth Princess. Mo Xuetong didn't find it surprising at all that Feng Yuran knew about the thing that had just happened. The more she got to know him, the more profound she deemed him to be. If he wanted to, he would naturally know this kind of stuff.