401-410

Chapter 401: In the Princess Royal's Manor, Wang Yueyue Framed Xuetong

Before Feng Yuzhen uttered, Wang Yueyue had answered first, which made him glower with displeasure in his eyes.

"It's not me. It's not me. It's really not me." Wang Yueyue did not notice Feng Yuzhen's unusual expression, and all she was eager to do was to prove her innocence. She shook her hands at a loss, her pale face screwing up.

"Who would do it except you!" A nanny kneeling on the ground raised her head and said angrily, and then, she kowtowed to Feng Yuxuan and burst into tears. "Lady felt better as she walked out today. King Ning's consort got along well with the Lady, so Lady asked us to stand farther from them, so they could have some private talks. Even they helped themselves with tea. But unexpectedly, just after a while, Lady was poisoned to death. Your Highness, please exercise justice for My Lady."

"Your Highness, please exercise justice for My Lady!" The kneeling maidservants and nannies kowtowed and cried.

Since such a thing happened, a King's consort died, and she came from the Empress' family. The fury from the Ding General Manor, from the royal family, and from King Chu was impossible to bear for anyone. Only by accusing Wang Yueyue could they probably have a way out.

Princess Royal neglected them, looked at the manor doctor, and asked coldly, "Doctor, what do you think?"

The manor doctor took a silver needle, pierced it into Leng Fengyan's finger, and took another to pierce into her throat. Then, he took out the needles and found that the tips of the needles turned black. He said, "The Lady was poisoned to death, and the poison came to her body through throat. I think, she drank it directly and died."

The poison come through the throat. At that time, all the maidservants and nannies stood away from them, and the only suspect was Wang Yueyue.

All the people stared at Wang Yueyue with suspicion.

"Poisoned, came in from the mouth." Mo Xuetong standing behind Feng Yuran thought and frowned slightly. She had a doubt in her heart that since Mo Xuetong had felt Ling Fengyan's pulse before and realized that Ling Fengyan's pulse had gone wrong when she was alive, the pulse showed that Ling Fengyan had poisoning symptom. Besides, Ling Fengyan acted strangely today and was rather weird.

Wang Yueyue stepped back in fright and defended herself immediately. "Your Highness, it is not me. It is really not me. I did stand close to her, but the tea was poured by herself, and it had nothing to do with me." Her flustered eyes drifted on Ling Fengyan's dead face. And that face was no longer calm and beautiful as usual, and turned chilly and livid instead, scaring Wang Yueyue to step back more. She felt her belly falling with pain.

"Lady Ning, how can you say that? Just now you said you and My Lady were as close as sisters, and My Lady died when she was with you. So how can you claim that it has nothing to do with you?" The nanny who was kneeling in the front asserted emphatically, and the other servants kneeling behind her all pointed at Wang Yueyue immediately.

"Feng Yuzhen, give me an explanation." Feng Yuxuan stared grimly at Feng Yuzhen and rebuked him. Wang Yueyue and Ling Fengyan were as close as sisters, so there would not be any personal resentment between the two. The only resentment came from the incompatibility between their respective husbands. If Wang Yueyue wanted to kill Ling Fengyan, it meant that Feng Yuzhen cut off one arm of Feng Yuxuan.

"Why did you let her poison Fengyan? You can ignore anything but Fengyan is your cousin. You've disposed of Third Brother. Why are you still so greedy? Do you want to cut off all the people's ways to survive? Do you want to sacrifice anyone's life merely for the sake of power?" Feng Yuxuan was so grieved that he pointed at Feng Yuzhen and rebuked sharply word by word.