541-550

Chapter 541 A Note, Mo Yarui Pried Secret

Mo Xuetong did not expect to meet Mo Yarui the moment she stepped out of the hall doors. A happy smile appeared on Mo Yarui's face as she saw Mo Xuetong coming out. She hurried over and curtsied to Mo Xuetong. "Greetings, Consort Xuan."

"Forego formalities, Second Consort Mo." Mo Xuetong took a few steps forward and held Mo Yarui's hand warmly. She had a good impression of Mo Yarui. On the one hand, she felt pity for her. Ling Rui'er was aggressive and Feng Yuxuan was a man who took interest first. If it weren't for Assistant Minister Mo, she would have died without even knowing the reason. On the other hand, Mo Xuetong liked her temperament very much.

"Why are you still here at this time?" There was no shade where Mo Yarui had stood just now. Although it was between pillars, it was still extremely hot. Mo Yarui had a heatstroke before, so she must be very weak. "Are you feeling better now?"

"Never mind. I just stood for a while. I saw you enter the hall, so I just waited here to say thank you. Sorry to trouble you the other day," Mo Yarui explained with a smile on her face, but she secretly squeezed Mo Xuetong's hand. Mo Xuetong understood and the two walked toward the shady path while talking.

Several palace maids and eunuchs at the door of the Tianfeng Palace looked at the two of them, but they did not care and continued to do their own work.

The two of them walked into a shady path with their maidservants. Mo Yarui looked around and as she found there was no one around, she let go of Mo Xuetong's hand, took out a note, and handed it to Mo Xuetong. Then, she pointed at a pavilion not far away and said, "Consort Xuan, how about we go there and rest for a while? I'm a little tired from standing earlier."

Mo Xuetong flipped her hand and the note landed in her long sleeve silently. She nodded with a smile. Even though she appeared warm and gentle, her inky eyes were cold with a glint of sharp light. She had already seen a line of words on the note just now. It was written to Ling Rui'er. She did not expect that there were so many people who had plotted against her in the palace today.

Mo Yarui was a cautious person. Although there were dense trees and they didn't see others, it was possible that someone was hiding in the shade of the trees. It was not safe to talk here. Although there was a big tree around the pavilion over there, there was only one. If someone appeared around, they would definitely see them clearly, but at the same time, people could see clearly when Mo Yarui gave Mo Xuetong the note.

Therefore, it was an extremely clever way for Mo Yarui to deliver the note in a place that was not suitable for talking and to speak in a place that was not suitable for delivering a note.

Mo Xuetong smiled and still held Mo Yarui's hand. They walked to the pavilion intimately.

The pavilion was empty, perhaps because it was a little closer to the Empress' Tianfeng Palace. It could be said that it was right under the Empress' noses, so no one rested here at all. It was almost autumn. There were occasional gusts of wind that caused the curtains to fall. It looked extremely cool.

The two sat on the stone stools in the pavilion. Mo Ye and Mei Yu stood by the side. They looked as if they were standing respectfully, but in actuality, they were both on guard. Especially since Mo Ye's hearing and eyesight were both very good, she had taken note of a large area.

"Where did you get this, Second Consort Mo?" Mo Xuetong did not point at anything but Mo Yarui understood. She twisted her handkerchief a few times and looked up at Mo Xuetong, replying, "I stole it from Ling Rui'er."

Since she had already decided to reveal this message to Mo Xuetong, it meant that she wanted to seek refuge with Mo Xuetong. No matter how simple she was, she was clear that she was in a difficult situation at King Chu's Manor. Even though Ling Rui'er was nice to her on the surface, everyone could see that she hated Mo Yarui to the core.