191-200

Chapter 191 An Anecdote from Fu General Manor on a Grand Banquet

On the eighth of the New Year, Mo Xuetong went to Fu General Manor when they were holding a banquet. As a granddaughter of Fu General Manor, she couldn't be absent.

On the morning, Mo Huawen asked someone to send her new-made clothes with matching accessories. Mo Xuetong had seen these accessories before, which had once belonged to her mother. These accessories were all splendid and glamorous, but her mother used to dress plainly. Therefore, these accessories had only been used few times and looked almost new.

These days, Mo Huawen always gave her something from her mother and said these would be souvenirs of her mother. But she knew actually her father was afraid that someone to marry him later would want to get her mother's dowry, so he just gave them to her piece by piece. Her father had inferred many times that he was too tired to manage the stores left by her mother and wanted to pass them over to her.

Mo Xuetong was very moved after she saw her father's behavior and how much he cared for her. After the misunderstanding was clarified, she cherished the ties between her father and herself which was found back after a life's time even more. So she just naturally agreed to his words and said she would take over the stores after the Lantern Festival, which could let him off the burden.

Mo Yu was selecting jewelry for her and pointing at a pair of bracelets inlaid with rubies which were in the jewelry box and said, "Miss, you can try this bracelet on for a change. It has such a nice gloss, which I've never seen before!"

Mo Xuetong saw them and shook her head, "They are too brightly colored and conspicuous." She touched the bracelet on her arm, which was left for her by her mother. She even found a similar one particularly, in case that only one bracelet might seem different. She didn't know why but she felt she just couldn't let others know this bracelet was left by her mother especially, "Those on my arms are fine and there is no need for a change."

Mo Yu pointed at a pair of hairpins in front of the dressing table and asked, surprised, "Miss, this pair of hairpins are so beautiful. Were they sent by Old Sir too? I've never seen Madam wore this pair before, and they look like swords."

Those were that pair! Mo Xuetong kept silent.

However, Mo Yu thought she agreed and hurriedly put those on for her. The hairpins were cutely designed with some small diamonds on it. It immediately made her pretty face even more attractive, gentler, and more charming.

Mo Xuetong suddenly hated herself in the mirror. She pointed the hairpins inlaid with white magnolia by the side and said lightly, "I don't like this. Use that one."

"Miss..."

Mo Xuetong interrupted Mo Yu who wanted to persuade her, "It's not early now. If we don't set off immediately, Grandma will get worried." Mo Yu had to pull out the bright and beautiful hairpin and put that one for her instead. Luckily, Mo Xuetong in the mirror looked fresh and clean, which also made Mo Yu satisfied.

This time they went to Fu General Manor, they had to take Mo Xueyan along. This was Old Madam's order, so even Mo Huawen couldn't say anything about it.

Mo Xueyan was in good mood and already waited in the carriage. When she saw Mo Xuetong coming in, she warmly held her arm and said smilingly, "Third Sister is so beautiful dressing like this. It is said that First Miss is the most beautiful one among us sisters. Now it looks that you are the most beautiful. You look like a fairy and even I am attracted by you."

Mo Xuetong definitely knew the reason why Second Sister who used to ignore her behaved so warmly was that she wanted to rely on her fame. Mo Xuetong didn't care about that, but she just worried that Mo Xueyan would go out to peep at the males like the last time when they were at home, which was really humiliating, "Second Sister is the one who is truly beautiful. The clothes and dress look so suitable on you. If I wear such bright colors, I won't be as pretty as you."