311-320

Chapter 311 An Odd Marriage Agreement

Mo Xuetong did not know how she managed to leave as the Princess Royal nagged kindly. She did not know how she managed to refuse Bai Yihao's smiling sendoff at the main entrance either. She was all out of sorts. She did not know how she got onto the horse carriage, how she returned to the manor, or how she entered her courtyard. She was staring into space in a daze on the couch.

"Miss, Miss..." Mo Yu hurriedly tried to reach out to shake Mo Xuetong when she saw how out of sorts she was.

Mo Lan reached out to stop her. She made a cup of tea for Mo Xuetong and stuffed it into her icy cold hands. The warmth in Mo Xuetong's hands eased the shock she felt and she subconsciously returned back to reality. She looked up and looked at the flickering light in front of her. She looked at the familiar surroundings around her and that was when she realized she was home.

"Miss, why don't you have dinner before you start thinking about this matter. You've been busy all afternoon, you must be tired!" Mo Lan did not know what happened to Mo Xuetong. Mo Xuetong's personal maids have not changed how they addressed her. They still called her "miss" when there was no one else around.

Mo Lan had been waiting outside the door and saw Bai Yihao walking in. She was going to report the man's arrival to Mo Xuetong, but Bai Yihao had made her go to pour them tea. The courtyard was really empty and there was not any fire nor food. They did not even have a cup of hot tea. Mo Lan had no choice but to go out and search for tea. When she came back with the tea, and even before she could enter the door, she heard her mistress' quick and soft cry.

Mo Lan knew that her mistress was a calm and composed person. If Mo Xuetong were to make a startled sound, it must definitely be something shocking.

She hurriedly lifted the curtains and entered!

Except what she saw made her turn away and she hurriedly lowered her head.

A handsome man and a beautiful woman were hugging each other in front of the window. His handsomeness and perfection complimented her beauty and gentleness. What a shocking feeling! However, she saw her mistress pushing Bai Yihao away quickly the next moment. It was as if Mo Xuetong had seen a ghost. She was extremely shocked and she took two steps back. If Bai Yihao had not reached out to hold her, she would have fallen.

Mo Lan reacted then. She immediately went forward to hold Mo Xuetong. After that, Mo Xuetong did not say a single word and seemed afraid to look at Bai Yihao. She pushed his hand away anxiously as if she had suffered an enormous blow. Her face was as pale as snow and she left for the Princess Royal's courtyard hurriedly with Mo Lan.

"Mo Lan, go and get Nanny Ming here! Mo Yu, get someone to set the table." Mo Xuetong exhaled a breath of cold air and said as she blinked. Her eyes had regained her usual composure. Her icy cold fingers shook beneath her sleeve without a hint of warmth in them. She had not gotten over what happened yet.

The news was too shocking!

"Yes, I will get Nanny Ming right now." Mo Lan answered. Then, she got Mo Yu to arrange the dishes she brought over and went out to seek for Nanny Ming.

Mo Xuetong did not have much of an appetite. She got the servants to take the food away after a few bites. Nanny Ming had arrived then and He Xia was with her.

When they entered, the two knelt down before Mo Xuetong could ask anything.

"Nanny Ming, did you really not know anything about my marriage?" Mo Xuetong sat there, her eyes dark and deep. One could not tell whether she was pleased or angry and she seemed calm and composed.