Chapter 22

I had something I was going to say here but it pales into comparison to the fact that Owl House Season 2 has a confirmed release date and trailer! This is better than the 

The forest was getting darker by the minute as the crimson sun dipped below the horizon but that didn't stop Luz from running to get home to Eda and the cutest demon known to witch kind.

She raced through the forest, taking in the fresh air that she had missed so much and the thousands of scents that it carried from miles around. She could smell the salty breeze of the ocean and the smoke from a fire in town, the damp moss, and the crisp smell of the incoming winter that permeated through everything.

There was something else though, a smell filled with vile and malice spreading across the Boiling Islands like a ripple in a still pond, if one was not looking for it or did not have the nose of a werewolf, likely, you would completely ignore it.

Smelling this, Luz rushed to the edge of the forest ignoring the branches that whipped her face in a hurry to see what was going on and the sight that greeted her was something that filled her with dread.

The Titan's skull had blood-red streaks that ran down to the rest of the skeleton and they weren't stopping there, the streaks weren't stopping there though. They spread through the town like a plague, and when they met the water it causes an eerie red mist to roll over town, shrouding it from prying eyes like Luz's.

The red mist was stopping there though, it spread out from the town turning the landscape into dead, lifeless areas and the creatures unconscious. It was spreading fast and showed no sign of stopping.

It was devouring the lands like a beast, racing towards the edges of the Isle at an astonishing speed. It encompasses everything from the Conformatorium to the forest to the grim manor on the forest edge that Luz had just left.

Oh, God... Amity

Without a second thought, Luz turned around and ran back to the Mannor, swiftly switching forms mid-sprint.

She raced through the forest at record speed, ignoring everything in her path. Well almost everything, when the red mist appeared in front of her she skidded to a stop. If she went into the red mist she might not make it back out, but on the other hand, the green-haired witch was in there.

"Screw it," Luz said, steeling herself as she pushed into the mist with apprehension. The mist instantly swallowed her up, slowly getting darker as she ran towards the Blight Mannor. Faces and monsters disappeared just as fast as they appeared in the swirling mist.

The further along she walked the more she became aware of a subtle sound echoing around in her head, it was subtle at first but became more prevalent as she bolted through the forest. The noise was like a soft melody that felt both relaxing and cold, threatening to send her to sleep and rip her life force from her at the same time.

The melody seemed to carry the fog with it too as Luz felt her mind begin to slow down and her paws became heavier the farther she made it into the dense fog, her head began to droop and her eyes started to close ever so slowly.

What's going on? How is the fog doing this to me? Can't I get a break, I just got back from another fucking dimension and already have to deal with this godforsaken fog.

With these thoughts in her head, Luz continued into the depths of the murky, crimson red fog, practically dragging her paws at this point. Despite the persistent feeling of sleep Luz managed to push through however it seemed as it was all for naught as she couldn't see even the slightest hint of the manor in the fog and she should've been able to at least smell it at this point.

There's something about this fog... it almost feels like it's rejecting me. Almost as if it's aware of me and it hates me. Well if that's the case then maybe I change my appearance.

As soon as Luz had this thought she began to try and focus on her human form like she usually would when switching forms but something was different this time. She couldn't remember what she looked like, sure she knew that she had brown eyes and stuff like that but they just wouldn't come together in her head, they wouldn't form the complete picture no matter how hard she tried.

As a matter of fact, she couldn't remember anyone's face, Eda, King, Willow, and Amity's faces were mysteries to her as was everyone else's. She could know that she could recognize them if she had too but for the life of her, she couldn't right now.

 Wonderful, just wonderful. Not only am I lost I also can't cast magic, this is certainly an "interesting" day.

These thoughts however didn't change the situtuation Luz was in, as much as she would have like it too, and she was getting sleepier by the second. It was almost like a pressure on her back trying to force her to the ground and into a void of oblivion.

The pressure was slowly forcing her body to the forest floor and her head hung low as she forced herself forward. Her mind was blank of any thoughts except one, get to Amity get to Amity get to Amity.

The pressure was just as persistent though and even that thought was slowly being forced out of her mind and was replaced by an encompassing desire for sleep. Finally, the last thought of Amity was driven out by the vile magic and Luz collapsed to the ground in a fit of exhaustion.

-------------------

-------------------

-------------------

Before Luz even opened her eyes she felt the bone-chilling cold that surrounded her. When she did open her eyes she had to make sure that she had because she was surrounding on all sides by an empty, black void that seemingly stretched on forever.

 And there you have it folks, the end of a chapter that took much longer than it should have to make. Im sorry about that but I hit a writers block and couldn't find the words for what I wanted to do,. Updates will come out more frequently from now on. On that note goodnight/morning/day and, of course, hope you enjoyed.