Chapter 12

Left the last chapter on kind of a cliff hanger so I couldn't wait to write the next chapter. Hope you enjoy.

"Yes, yes, kinda, I'm learning."

As Amity heard these words, she nearly passed out form shock. She had at most excepted some nods, certainly not words.

"D-d-did yo-? Wh-?" Amity stuttered, "No I must be imagining things. She's just a wolf she can't talk."

After all if a wolf could talk that would flip Amity's world upside down. She had treated Luna well but if she can talk and is that intelligent then wouldn't that have been embarrassing for her? After all, most people would not like a complete stranger petting them.

The wolf just continued looking at Amity in a serious expression before laying her head back down.

I must have imagined it, there is no way she could talk. Why wouldn't she have talked earlier? It's the exhaustion getting too me.

"Luna I'm getting really tired, I'm going to bed. Your welcome to stay or leave, whatever you want to do." Amity said with a huge yawn.

Amit got up from the chair, and walked over too her bed, crawling under the galaxy sheets.

Suddenly, the bed sink in at the end, looking up she's startled too see a white face, walking over. Luna settles down next to Amity, resting her head on her chest.

Amity freezes for a second, never had a wolf sleep with her before. Besides, Luna was extremely intelligent so it was likely she knew exactly what she was doing.

Gradually relaxing, she put her hand on Luna's head, softly stroking her head feeling the soft fur between her fingers. 

Like this she fell asleep really quickly, normally anxiety plagued her at night and she had trouble sleeping but tonight she drew comfort from Luna, her massive body giving a feeling of warmth and familiarity. 

Once Amity was asleep, the wolf who had been "asleep", opened her eyes looking at Amity. As she was looking at Amity she began too notice a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach, almost as if she was sick but not quite. The feeling was strange but not uncomfortable, almost like fluttering.

Well this is weird, it probably a side effect of being in wolf form for too long. I cant shift right now, I'll just deal with it for the night.

Speaking of the night what am I doing? I don't know why I decided to sleep in bed with her but I would rather not leave. 

I have school tomorrow though just like her. Am I going to be able to get sleep tonight? And I have to get home to get my stuff. I'll just rush home in the morning.

Deciding to stay the night with Amity, she lays her head back done and try's to go to sleep. Unfortunately sleep eluded her and it was a long wait before she managed to nod off.

Luz slept uneasily, nightmares plaguing her. She saw men in white robes and grey masks surround her and Amity as they tried to fight them off, she saw Eda and King dragged off by more men. Above all this was a man in a white robe studded with gold and a gold horned mask flying above them on a crimson dragon, ordering the cloaked men too hurry up and seize them.

Luz woke with a start, the nightmare fresh in her mind. It had seemed so real, she had felt the magic in the air from so many casts, she remembered the touch of fire magic burning her fur, she smelt sulfur and fear in the air.

"Hey girl are you alright?"

It was Amity, she had heard Luna whimpering in her sleep and had moved over to try and soothe her. She had ended up taking Luna's head in her lap and petting, which seemed to have worked a little before Luna woke up.