Chapter 20

Sorry for the break, spent the entire weekend catching up on late homework. High school am I right? On that note two things, A: Option B won so that's how the rest of the story is going, and B: even though B won this chapter will have a major time skip. Anyway, enjoy.

Standing in front of Luz with all of its glory was The Owl House with its weird combination of a run-down shack and castle seemingly floating in the mist.

However something was different about it, it had no life. Usually, you would be rushed by Hooty the moment he saw you and you could hear Eda and King going back and forth inside, but now it was just an empty, desolate house that gave off an eerie feeling.

As Luz stood there looking at Owl House, she felt a single tear form and begin to run down her face. Soon this tear was followed by another, then another, and finally the flood gates opened and tears flowed down her face unabated.

Ever since Luz had been cursed she had been jumping from one thing to another, trying to figure out ways to get rid of it. She hadn't taken a second to relax and so the emotions had been bottling up until now.

Luz stood there for what felt like hours, tears streaming down her face. Through all the tears and sadness she refused to fall down, refused to give into it, refused to be consumed. She was going to make it back to The Boiling Isles even if it killed her.

Time skip a year

It was Luz's one-year anniversary in the Terminus Realm.

She had taken to marking down the days on the wooden table, just to keep some semblance of time.

After her first day, Luz had spent a lot of yelling at the mist in hope that Fenris would hear her and let her out of this godforsaken place.

He never answered though or responded so she had reluctantly taken to reading the books he left as they might contain some information about how to leave, unfortunately, none of the books ever mentioned a spell that actually worked.

The books did however help her with a lot of things that had been bothering her, like creating more powerful glyphs.

She had been struggling with making her glyphs more powerful since magic was dependent on the size of the circle and she couldn't keep big enough glyphs on her to cast the more powerful magic. The books taught her that she could actually make them stronger by making them on materials that conducted magic better like bone or enchanted wood.

They also taught her more spells like the Truth Spell, an advanced healing spell called Seraphs Blessing, an invisibility spell called the Queen's Cloak, a powerful teleportation spell called Instant Step, and a spell called Instant Karma which instantly made people suffer some effects that could be either good or bad depending on their karma.

She learned about the science behind glyphs and now knew how to create new ones and modify old ones to varying levels of success.

Luz read about the werewolves and how some of the ancient ones that had hundreds of years of practice could change into any form they desired.

Every time she finished memorizing a book, which didn't take that long side effect of the curse, it would disappear and would be replaced by a new one.

Today was going to be the first day in a year that she took a break from learning spells and was just going to spend the day relaxing around the house and goofing off, something that she sorely missed.

However, fate had a different plan for her which is why she was currently standing in front of a giant wolf with a glowing purple portal behind him.