Chapter 16

Note the title Princess will be changed to Nocte Filiae. Enjoy the chapter.

 "Nocte Filiae, your alive."

I think this mans lost it, my name's Lun- I mean Luz and obviously, I'm not dead.

"Uh, professor? What are you doing?" Luz asked after an awkward few seconds.

"Pardon my behavior from before, I hope you can forgive me." The trembling professor said, "After all these years I've finally found you."

Shifting back, Luz says, "Professor I think you may have the wrong person, I have never seen you before in my life."

Orion asked shocked, "Do you not really know who you are? Do you not know what your fur symbolizes?"

"No..., should I?"

"Yes! You absolutely should! You're our last hope!"

"Our?

"The werewolves! You are our last hope to keep the species alive!"

"No you have the wrong idea, I'm just some human girl who got cursed in the woods. I don't who you are or what you think I am but I know I am not some prophesied savior, the last time this happened I was played by a monster and almost eaten so I'm going to stay away from strangers telling me I'm the chosen one."

On this note Luz ran out the door, leaving the open-mouthed professor behind.

As she ran she thought about what he said, how she was the "hope for werewolves" and "this is her destiny."

I almost fell for it too, he's probably just some powerful illusion demon again trying to lure me off and eat me. I have the worst luck.

She hurried off to her next class, Potions, which she hoped was better than the day before where she had accidentally made a foul-smelling smoke that filled the room and refused to go away.

Pushing "Orion" to the back of her head she hurried through the mostly empty hallways, her little "talk" with the Professor had left her with naught but a minute till the bell rang and class were all the way across campus.

For the second time today, I am late, I thought that being a werewolf and all would make this the least of my worries but it only made it greater.

Suddenly the high-pitched wail that was the bell rang through the school, and she wasn't even halfway across the school yet.

Oh yeah definitely late.

Turning the corner into the Potions hall, she was met with the sight of a group of teenage girls hanging around the lockers.

"Hello there!" Luz said, hoping to meet some people in school. Right now she was friends with Willow, Gus, and Amity but one can never have too many friends.

"And who the hell are you?" 

The speaker was a tall, blonde-headed girl with ripped jeans, a really short top, a leather jacket, and striking electric blue eyes that seemed to radiate a bone-chilling coldness.

"Oh, my name is Luz. I'm new here." Luz said, smiling on the outside trying to cover up the fact that this girl was really intimidating her.

"I don't give a shit that you're new, I asked for your name, not your life story." The girl snapped, "All you need know is that my name is Cascade Belos and I am better than you in every way."

"I'm richer, better at magic, attractive and I have more friends than anything that you could ever dream up in that ridiculous head of yours."

At this point Luz was almost in tears, she hadn't gotten much sleep, she had to deal with a crazy teacher, and now a girl who seemed to hate her even though she had nothing to her.