A Personal Rant

So this chapter is just a rant because something happened yesterday that made me mad and so I'm writing it here. So those of you who live in America probably know that yesterday there was a shooting in Boone, North Carolina where two officers were shot and killed, one in hospital, and two civilians shot and dead. Now, this happened about a mile from where I was at the time and I was with a group of friends as we heard the sirens pass by for the rest of the day. They had called in the police from a dozen different counties, the state police, S.W.A.T., and the military from the local base we have. What we found out later was that a 32-year-old man fought with his parents when he came to stay the weekend and ended up pulling a gun on them and firing, killing them both. Later that day police officers responded to a call that the parents had not shown up to work or answered any of the calls.

We don't know exactly what happened next but the police officers entered the house and were shot and killed, this prompted the rest of the police force to show up and request back up. The shooter and the police were in a standoff for hours before the gunman took his own life.

Then today happened and it started off like usual, get up, get ready, head to the gas station for my daily caffeine, and then head to science class to begin the day. After the pledge of allegiance, an announcement came over the PA calling for a moment of silence for the fallen officers, this was not unexpected as I had thought something like this would happen, however, what happened during that was unexpected. As the class went silent I noticed that a couple of the people in the class were just browsing TikTok, Snapchatting their friends, and liking Instagram posts.

I can not begin to stress at this point how angry I was. Four innocent people died at the hands of a deranged lunatic and here people were, in my eyes completely disrespecting that sacrifice. 

Now I'm going to say something that's going to piss a few of you off but I feel like I have to say it.

These were the same people who had spammed their Instagram stories with BLM stuff, "the system is flawed" and that sort of thing. Don't get me wrong I completely support BLM and I do believe that the system could use some changes.

But these same people who flooded Instagram with BLM seemed to not care at all about the fact that these two deputies had died trying to protect them but they were all too eager to go post BLM stuff and rack in tons of likes.

Those sort of people really gets under my skin. They use stuff like anti-racism and anti-sexism to rack in tons of likes but don't actually about any of that at all, and this fuels the anger of the people who actually do care causing strife and turmoil.

All I could do though was hold it in because I'm not the type to get into arguments at school and it would have been pointless to do so anyway.

Thinking back on this morning I realize that I may have jumped to anger too quickly and am no better than them when I decided to make this post.

My point is this, please for the love of god do not value black lives more than blue lives. These past 18 months plenty of good cops have been attacked, both verbally and physically in some places, all because of a few racist assholes. Not all cops are racist, just like not all colored people are criminals. There is a pandemic going around, China's on the verge of invading Taiwan, and the American people can't seem to see that everyone is on the same side.

Just because some say all lives matter doesn't mean they don't think that black lives don't matter, they are just taking a broader view of things. I get that people are saying (including me) that BLM is because they feel like their lives currently don't matter to the rest of the world but can't you just let other people believe different things and still get along? Hell, I'm a democrat but a good chunk of my friends are die-hard Republicans, despite that we all have a good time joking around and stuff.

There is my 2 cents, take it as you will and if you want to discuss it more just send me a message, I won't bite. See you all in the next update.