Chapter 3

New information Luz's wolf form is snow white, the new upload schedule is every other day, and ill try to do over 1000 words. Enjoy!

Surprised, Luz gets low to try and hide, but she breaks a twig. Crack!  The witch looks and spots Luz, not a difficult feat considering she's blinding white. The witch is startled and quickly backpedals, summoning a abomination to defend her.

"Just my luck!" she exclaims, "I should have listened to my friends. Don't go into the forest they said, its dangerous Amity!"

On the other side of the river Luz is frightened too. She whimpers in fright and gets even lower, slowly walking back. 

Amity is surprised, she thought the wolf was here to kill her, she never would have thought that the wolf was actually scared of her.

She quickly gets rid of the abomination and crouches down, holding her hand out palm out. "Don't worry I wont hurt you, my name's Amity what's yours? What are you saying Amity it cant understand you."

Just as she turns away she feels something push into her back, turning around she actually sees its the wolf. She laughs, realizing all the tension she had from the past minute. "You scared me back there." The wolf lets out snort, like it was saying you scared me too. 

"Can you understand me?" 

The wolf looks up here with an intelligent look and pushes her nuzzle into her hand. 

"I'll take that as a yes. Are you a girl?" 

The wolf snorts and nods her head. "You can definitely understand me."

Sitting back down she picks up a hand full of sand and lets it run through her hand.  The wolf comes over and puts her snowy white head in her lap. Unconsciously, Amity puts her hand in the wolfs hair, stopping as she feels the wolf tense up. As she going to take her hand out, the wolf pushes her head against her hand. 

They stay like this for a while before Amity says "It's getting late i need to head home, my family will be worried. Well some of them." Whining the wolf moves, letting Amity get up and stretch her legs. As Amity starts to walk home, the wolf jumps in front of her, lowering her back a little, and gesturing with her tail for Amity to get on.

"You want me to get on your back?" The wolf barks in response "Are you sure?" Another bark. Alright then she climbs on, sitting up straight grabbing her fur to make sure she doesn't fall off. The wolf takes off like an arrow from a bow, causing Amity to yelp in surprise and lean forward, grabbing around the wolfs neck. After what seems like 30 seconds they arrive at her house, as she's getting off she wonders something. "How did you know where my house was?" The wolf just glances over at her and snorts before fake sniffing with her nose. "Oh." As the wolf turns around she asks, "Do you have a name?"

The wolf thinks for a second before shaking her head sideways, no. 

"Well would you like one?"

The wolf eagerly barks.

"How about Birch?"

The wolf shakes her head, no, with an insulted expression.

"Then what about Artemis?"

The wolf pauses for a second before shaking her head no again.

"Then what about Luna?"

The wolf barks.

"Is that a yes?"

The wolf barks again.

"Luna it is."

As the wolf is about to leave again, Amity shouts, "Wait!"

Luna turns around with an annoyed expression.

"Will I see you again?"

Luna cocks her head to the side for a second, before nodding her head and racing into the forest.

"Bye Luna..." Amity says softly, before turning around and heading into her house.

Luz POV

As I raced off into the forest I wasn't really focused on my surroundings and the cool I usually enjoy, as my thoughts are solely on that witch I met today, Amity. It was an odd encounter, first I saw her in the library reading to kids, then in the woods where she almost attacked me before calming down and sitting down with me petting me (Which I admit I enjoyed). Finally, I took her home with her on my back before she named me Luna (which I like). 

Waking from my thoughts I realize I'm in front of the Owl House, shifting back to human form I head to the house. As soon as I open the door I'm met with a ball of fur with a skull slamming into me.

"Where were you?! I missed you! What took you so long?" King says in a rapid fire manner.

"Relax, I just went for a longer walk in the woods that's all."

"For 4 hours?????"

"It was a good day."

Eda walks into the room. "Where have you been!? Me and King have been worried all day."

"I was too"

"SHUT UP HOOTY." King, Eda, and I respond at the same time.

"Like I was telling I was taking a longer walk around the forest, it was a good day to be outside."

"Don't do that again! Your still not fully in control of your wolf form." Eda replies, though looking less mad than earlier.

"I know, I know. Next time ill tell you if I going to stay out later, or come back in time." 

"Ok then, you just scared me kid." 

"I'm sorry Eda." Luz walks over and hugs Eda. Alright the I'm going to head to bed I'm tired, see yall in the morning." Luz says brightly before heading upstairs.

As she walks into her bedroom, she shuts the door, before crashing into bed. Thinking about the day and the beautiful witch, Amity.

Amity POV

On the other side of the forest Amity was lying bed thinking about the day. First she was reading to kids like she did on most days, but when that was over she saw a cute witch? Or was she a human? No, humans don't exist on the Boiling Isles, it must have been a witch. Then there was that wolf in the forest, there was something special about it. It was way too intelligent to be a  normal wolf and also too big. Maybe something that was experimented on using magic? As she layed there she couldn't get these thoughts out of her head. And it was a long time before she managed to go to sleep. And even her in dreams were the wolf and the witch.