Twenty-six

lUkE is a MOm WhY wouLD HE stIcK iT iN

"I can't believe my baby's baby is a year old." Liz whispered, tucking the blanket tighter around the sleeping birthday girl.

"I can't either. I really can't believe it's been a year since we got out of that place." Luke mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. "I remember just staring at the wall wondering if we'd ever get out."

Liz frowned and turned to face Luke. Her delicate hands rested on his shoulders. "Honey, you need to stop thinking about that place. I know it was bad, but you shouldn't dwell on it. You're out now, and you have a beautiful baby and loving boyfriend." She smiled and looked over at Michael who had already conked out on his and Luke's bed. "In the end everything turned out alright."

Luke smiled and nodded, unfolding his arms to hug his mother. "Now get some rest, we're gonna party tomorrow." She pat his chest and smiled up at him. "I love you."

"Love you, too." He smiled as she left the room, closing the door behind her.

The blond sighed and raked a hand through his hair, glancing between Willow's crib and Michael's sleeping form. He slid into bed beside Michael, scooting close and resting his head on his shoulder.

"I love you."

Michael hummed in his sleep, shifting slightly, his arms instinctively wrapping around Luke. He mumbled a hoarse love you back and Luke smiled.

-

Everyone was gathered around Willow's highchair. A little cake for her to destroy was placed in front of her while everyone sang Happy Birthday to her. Luke and Michael were on either side of her as Luke's father lit the candles on the cake.

Once the song ended Luke and Michael assisted Willow in blowing out the candles. As soon as they were out and Calum started everyone clapping and cheering, startling the little coyote baby.

A large smile spread across Michael's face, both he and Luke leaning in to kiss both sides of her face. She squealed and Luke started to chuckle but froze when a sudden wave of pain swept over him.

He stood from his crouched position by Willow and leaned against the counter near him.

"You okay, Luke?" Jack asked, noticing the sudden change in his mood.

"Y-Yeah, I just-I just need a minute. I'll be right-right back."

Jack nodded, a little concerned as Luke turned away from everyone to step out for some air.

Luke suddenly jolted, searing pain slicing through his lower abdomen. One hand landed on the wall beside him, he could faintly hear Jack saying his name again, his head was beginning to throb. The bitter, disgusting taste of vomit suddenly filled his mouth as he coughed the substance up.

"Luke!" Jack yelled, drawing everyone's attention to the boy who had now collapsed in his own sick.

Jack rushed over to Luke's crumpled body, Ben following after yelling at someone to get the kids out of the room. Liz grabbed up Willow as Michael looked around at everyone frantically. Something clicked when he saw Luke and he rushed over to him as Jack was trying to get a response out of him.

"Luke, what's wrong?" The blond was fading, his eyes were unfocused and bleary. Michael dropped to Luke's side, in shock and scared for the boy he loves. Ashton was shaking Luke leg trying to provoke any reaction from him.

Drowsily, Luke's hand drifted to his stomach. "Hurts." He breathed, slipping out of consciousness.

"Shit, dad, get the car!" Ben yelled.

Oh shit what's up with mommy

Y'all it's about to get down to the grit I'm excited

Love you guys a whole bunch ( ͒ ·̫ ͒)

Comment and stuff :-)