Chapter 10 - Date

"Huh? What do you mean?" He asks.

Tears started to well up in her eyes as she looked at him. "You know exactly what I'm talking about, so why do you still ask me?" she clenches her fists. 

He silently walks towards her and looks at her. "Because.. I don't want you to go through it alone. I want you to share your thoughts and feelings with me." 

Y/n blinked as she felt her lips quiver. "Stop pretending you're okay when you clearly aren't." He sighs and closes his eyes before opening them again, to see Y/n's tears rolling down her cheek.

"D-don't cry!" He panics. "Uh-Um" he looks around, thinking of what he can do in this situation, and looks at a tissue box on the nurse's table.

"H-here.." He pulls out a bunch and hands it to her. 

She takes the tissues and smiled before wiping her tears. "Thank you."

He nods and then looks away as he scratches his head. "I-If you feel sad again, Y-you can l-lay on your head on my shoulder if you want to. I-I-I won't mind." He mumbles softly.

Y/n giggles and nods. "I'll keep that in mind."

"G-good! So just come to me whenever you need a shoulder to cry on." He looks at her with a stiff expression. "D-d-d-don't you dare cry when I'm not around." He huffs.

"I can't tell if you're being generous or if that is actually a threat." She joked.

They were on their way back to class, walking beside each other when she asked while looking ahead.

"Does it still hurt?" 

He looks at her then looks down. "N-not anymore..."

She sighed with a smile then nods. "Alright. Today's after-school meal is on me. A small 'thank you' for doing everything you did for me till now."

He looks ahead and smiled. "Well, I'm looking forward to it."

Later that day after school, Kageyama was waiting by the school gate for Y/n since she told him to go ahead, wanting to freshen up in the restroom first. She walked out along with the crowd of students leaving the campus and spots Kageyama.

"Tobio-kun!!" She called out to get his attention and jogged towards him. "Let's go."

"Yeah, Where are we going though?" He asked as he started walking with her. 

"Hm... well...where do you wanna go?" She looks at him.

"I'm fine with anything." He answered in a monotone.

"Well, what about pizza?" She asks excitedly.

"Fine by me." He nods.

Upon reaching the place they sat across each other as they scanned the menu.

"You can order anything you want. This one's on me." She smiled.

"Well then, I'd like to order a medium chicken pizza." He mumbles.

Y/n whistled and looks at him. "You can finish that by yourself?" She looks at him.

"Uh-No, I was thinking we both can finish it." He looks at her.

"Okay, with two coke." She nods.

They agreed and placed their order, looking out the window as they waited for their order.

"Skipping practice feels so wrong but seems so right." Y/n sighs.

"W-well it's not like we s-sn-snuck out or anything. We did tell Kiyoko-san and everyone that we're going to go somewhere today." He stutters while resting his head on his hand.

"Yeah." She nods. "What did you tell them though?" she looks at him and he froze.

~Flashback~

During the lunch break, Kageyama was already practicing in the gym with the other guys and waited for Kiyoko to arrive so he can inform her that he was not going to show up for the evening's practice.

As she walked in, he throws the ball towards Hinata and walked towards her. "Uh-Kiyoko-san." He started.

"I just wanted to tell that I won't be coming for the practice later this evening." He scratches his head.

"Why is that?" She asked.

He gulped before looking around to make sure the boys were busy, before moving closer to Kiyoko to whisper.

"Y/n offered to treat me in the evening." 

Kiyoko widened her eyes and Tanaka jumped up from behind her.

"Oi Kageyama! What are you whispering to her, huh?" Tanaka frowned.

"T-Tanaka-san, don't get the wrong idea." Kageyama raised his hands and backed away but Tanaka held him by his collar.

"What are you planning to-"

"I just told her that I would be skipping the practice tonight."

Everyone in the room went silent and looked at him.

"Y-Y/n offered to buy me food later so..."

Tanaka laughed out loud and pats Kageyama strongly on his back. "Oh! You're going on a date!"

"D-date?" Kageyama looks at Tanaka.

"You should've just told that! My, I thought you were plotting something else. It was just about the date." Tanaka wiped a tear.

~End of flashback~

"J-just told them we were going somewhere tonight." He mumbles and looks away.

"I see.." Y/n nods and stretches her arms.

'Date..date...date..." Kageyama looks at her with his stiff expression. 'This is our first date.' He thought to himself and gulped.

"Hm? What's wrong, Tobio-kun? You're staring at me." Y/n tilts her head.

"N-nothing.." He quickly looks away.

When the order finally came, they started to eat quietly. Around Kageyama's second slice of pizza, He looked over at Y/n, who was looking at him. She pointed to her lower lip after taking a bite off her slice.

He raised an eyebrow and looks at her cluelessly, and she did the same gesture again.

Kageyama swallowed whatever was remaining in his mouth before widening his eyes.

'Is she asking me for...a..kiss?' He turned red while thinking, spacing out as he stared at her.

Y/n sighed and stands up, leaning towards Kageyama as she runs her thumb on his lower lip.

"There." She sits back down and wipes her hand with a paper towel.

"H-huh?" He looks at her.

"You had a crumb on your lower lip." She looks at him. "That was what I was trying to tell you earlier."

Kageyama froze and looked away, being embarrassed by misunderstanding her gesture.

After they were done with their meal, she wiped her mouth and Kageyama stood up.

"I'll be back." He says and walks out.