Chapter 32 - Shion

Kageyama was getting ready for his school and went downstairs to pack his bento.

"What's with the long face?" his mother asked.

"She won't even talk to me or look at me properly." Kageyama told without thinking and huffed.

"She?" His mother looked at him.

Kageyama stopped doing what je was doing and looked at her, blushing upon realizing that he spoke out loud.

"She..?" She looked at him.

"Uh-ahh i was practicing my drama lines." He scratched the back of his head and looked away shyly.

"Drama? I thought you did volle-"

"I'll take my leave." He cut her off before quickly rushing out.

He reached the school and was walking past the school gate, when he heard two girls behind him, talking about the drama they watched.

"Ahhh Shion looked sooo handsome with his hair slicked back. It's a shame that the girl he likes does not even know that he likes her..." One of the girls told.

"I know!! But how would she know? He is a tsundere!!"

"But that what makes him so attractive.... Slicked back hair, tall and tsundere.."

He stopped walking on his tracks as he looks down, pondering for a while. (Oh don't tell me you're planning to look like Daisuke Kanbe now... you'll still look hot tho.. x.x)

Y/n was fiddling with her pen and studying her notes when Kageyama entered. Everyone in the class was staring at him as he made his way to his seat.

Y/n raised her eyes to look at him and saw his hair slicked back, the black, outer layer of his uniform was hung around his bag that he held behind his shoulder, and the sleeve of his white shirt was folded and pulled upto his elbow, with the first two buttons of his shirt left unbuttoned.

'Doki...'

He looked at her for a second before looking ahead and going to his seat.

They both seemed calm on the outside, which was contradictory to what they actually went through inside.

'Huhhhh???? What's with the new look?? Why do he have to do this at the time we're not on good terms. Why????'

She thought to herself as she gripped the pen hard while maintaining her calm demeanor.

'Did it work..? Has she been sweeped off her feet already? She didn't show any reaction. Will this even be worth trying..???'

He thought while looking ahead, resting his head on his hand.

'What is going on?' She looked down. 'He can't look this good when...' she closed her eyes shut. 'My heart feels like it could explode any moment...'

"H-here are some chocolates for you.. will you accept it?"

Y/n turned her head to see a girl from the other class offering him a chocolate box.

'Other girls are noticing him too!!! Do they not know that we're dating?? Or fake dating??'

Y/n bit her lip and looked ahead with a frown, leaning back to hear his answer.

He just took the box of chocolates without saying anything, while the girl just smiled before walking out.

'Did she just walk out with a smile?' she thought to herself.

'Chocolates?? I didn't even know how to answer her.' He then put the box on the table.

'It seems to be working, but on the wrong person. The one who needed to have a greater impact here doesn't even seem to have any kind of reaction.'

He thought while opening the box and eating one of the chocolates.

'HE ATE THE CHOCOLATE!!!'

She clenched her fist in jealousy while looking at him from the corner of her eyes.

She then stood up all of a sudden, with the chair making noise as it was pushed back.

'I need some air...' she thought to herself before moving out of her desk and making her way towards towards the door.

Kageyama was looking at her walking towards the door then witnessed one of the classmate rushing in and bumping into her, that made her fall back, but the guy she bumped into caught her in time as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Th-thank you..." Y/n smiled awkwardly and bowed a little as an apology before walking out the door.

The guy smiled and shook his head, gesturing that it was ok before going to his seat.

Kageyama widened his eyes at the whole scene.

'Th-thank you?? You're thanking another guy for holding you when it should have been me??'

He thought to himself before huffing and looking away.

The whole day basically went on just like that, jealousy of seeing each other with someone else.

After the class when everyone were at the gym, the boys were surprised at Kageyama's new look at first but put that aside as they practiced for the game.

They did, however, notice that both Kageyama and Y/n seemed to avoid each other and decided to put them up for cleaning after the game was over, without them knowing.

When they were on their small break, Hinata kept staring weirdly at Kageyama. Kageyama noticed it and glared at him.

"What's with the new look?" He grinned.

"Huh??" Kageyama raised his eyebrow at him.

"It looks like you're getting married or something." Hinata remarked and laughed. "This doesn't suit you at all."

Kageyama stood up, frustrated, and walked over to him before kicking him away.

Later after the practice was over,  Daichi looks at Sugawara and nodded.

"Heyyy Kageyama-kun, Y/n-chan!" He smiled widely and wrapped both his arms around them, pulling them to his sides.

"I'm sorry, but I need you both to stay back to clean up the gym before you leave."

"Why me?" Y/n asked.

"Because I-"

Sugawara looks at Daichi and hummed.

"Because Daichi said so."

"SUGAWARA!!! DON'T GO AROUND SAYING THAT WHEN IT'S YOUR IDEA!!" Daichi shouted at him, only for Sugawara to pull out a tongue at Daichi in response.

Y/n sighed and nodded, going on to do the prep work for cleaning while everyone except for Kageyama slowly left.