Chapter 34 - Happy

"The thing is.." He sighed and looked down. "I'm no good in relaying my words..." He sighed. "She asked me those questions again and I wasn't able to answer..."

"Well, they say action speaks louder than words. Isn't it enough that you both are being physically sweet and romantic with each other?" She looks at him.

"Well, yeah...but the thing is, we haven't been official yet so it is hard to even do those if she doesn't know that I'm doing these because I really do feel for her..." He looks at her.

"Well, that's true.." She puts her finger under her chin and looks down. "It can be easily mistaken since the whole fake relationship thing."

Kageyama nodded and she just looked at him like she had an idea.

"Unless, you find different ways with which you can convey her how you feel..."

"How can I do that..?" He stares at her.

"A letter, maybe..?" She asks. "Or doing something that girls love, like, putting a bouquet of flowers on her desk with a sweet love message or something...this can help you too into telling out your feelings." She smiled.

"That can be done.." He nodded then shook his head. "Something that can be done while I'm with her? Not just, put it somewhere for her to see afterwards..."

"Hmm...theres' no other way then, you have to talk it out with her and see how you both can communicate through this barrier." She shrugged.

"Can't you just tell her about my-"

"As much as I'm willing to help the both of you, I'm not going to do anything to steal the special moment. Read the room, Kageyama." She rolled her eyes. "Also, you probably need to go."

"Y-yeah...thank you.." He nods.

Hana smiled apologetically at him. "Hey, you're getting another chance, since she's not giving up on you. Remember to make use of it this time." She gently pats his back.

He nods and smiled. "I will.."

The next day, Kageyama waited outside the gym earlier than the usual timing and even texted Y/n to come early since he wanted to talk to her ASAP.

"What's the matter..? It's too early for us to even be here.." Y/n yawned as she walked towards him.

"Y/n!" He paced quickly towards her.

"Hm? What happened?" She looks at him.

Without saying a word, he engulfed her with a hug. Even though she was confused, she eventually hugged him back.

"Y/n.." He pulled away and looks at her, his hands holding the sides of her arms.

"Let me admit, I'm bad with words, I'm really really bad with words.." He shut his eyes close.

"And..?" She tilts her head, having no idea what made him say this.

He looks at her. "There's a lot I wanna tell you. But none of that would even reach my tongue when I need them to."

"Tobio-kun..." She stares at him.

"Please, help me out.." He looks at her desperately, his eyes seeking help.

"How can I help..?" She looks at him.

"Is there any way I can talk to you about these without actually using my words...? He looks at her.

"I mean..it depends, if it is a yes or no question, you can just nod your he-"

"I-Is it okay if I squeeze your hand a little when I mean 'Yes'..?" He asks.

"W-Well... that can work out too..." She smiled. "And you could do something for the 'no'..."

"I'll intertwine our pinkies.." He told and held her pinky with his, holding it higher for her to see. "Like this.."

Kageyama smiled and looked at her before thinking of something.

'Good! Now I think I know what I can do to confess to her.'

"Y/n.." He holds her hand. 

Just as he was about to place her hand on his chest, Hinata showed up out of nowhere.

"Yo! Kageyama, Y/n! Things seem to be going well for the both of you now!" He smiled brightly.

Kageyama was fuming. "You always show up at the wrong time, Hinata Boke!!!" He shouted and went over to grab hold of him, but Hinata kept running away from him.

Y/n smiled at them and giggled softly.

"They're lively as ever, huh?" Nishinoya told as he stood beside Y/n and she nodded.

After the normal day of classes and gym practice, Kageyama left the gym so he could go pick Y/n up from work.

He stood in front of the store as she packed her stuff and walked out to see him with a smile.

"Let's go?" She looked at him.

They were walking home when Kageyama suddenly stopped walking.

Y/n didn't notice this until she couldn't see his shadow anymore. She turned around to see him staring down.

"Tobio-kun..." She looks at him.

"Y/n.." he looks at her and walks towards her.

"Everything that we have done together, does it mean anything to you?" He looks her in the eyes.

She was taken aback by his sudden question but sighed with a smile and nodded.

"I'm in love with you after all..." She looks at him.

Kageyama frowned. "Are you not going to ask me the same..?"

She tilts her head as she looks at him confused.

"I did ask you the other day..."

Kageyama held her hands.

"It was different that time. Really. Try it yourself. You remember the talk we had in the morning..." He insists.

She gulped before looking at him.

"Does it mean anything to you, all those that we have done together...?"

He looked intensely in her eyes, squeezing her hand lightly.

She felt a gentle squeeze and remembered their conversation. She widened her eyes as she looked at their hands and then at him, who met her with a smile.

"Really...?" Her lips quivered as she started having tears of joy.

Kageyama panicked as he let her hand go and took a step back.

"Wha- why are you crying...?" He stuttered.

She shook her head and smiled.

"I'm happy."