Chapter 5 - Closure

"Hey, Kageyama, let's leave. She looks pissed." Hinata nudged Kageyama by his elbow.

"Yeah, we better leave." Kageyama nods and they both pack up before they left.

"We'll see you tomorrow then, Y/n-chan!" Hinata waved at her with a big smile, and she nods as she waved back at them.

Kageyama and Hinata walked out the gym and closed the door before walking on ahead. As Hinata walked ahead, he realized that Kageyama wasn't walking beside him and turned back to see Kageyama staring at the ground.

"Kageyama?" He called out.

"Hinata, you go ahead." Kageyama told while still looking at the ground.

"Are you sure?" He asked and Kageyama nodded.

"Okay then. See you tomorrow!" Hinata turned around and walked as he waved his hand in the air.

After Hinata was out of sight, Kageyama turned around and took a deep breath before opening the gym door.

Y/n looked at him and stopped cleaning as he entered the gym and closed the door behind him.

"Why are you here?" She asked. "I told you you to go home."

Kageyama took off his bag and unzipped his jacket. "I'm going to help you clean." He said and took another mop to sweep.

Y/n raised an eyebrow as she looked at him, who was sweeping around the floor and she continued to do the same until the floor was clean.

"Let's put the balls in the basket now." She told and grabbed the basket, pulling it around while Kageyama grabbed the balls and puts it in the basket.

While they were still at it, Kageyama looks at her as he held the ball in his hands.

Y/n looks at him and blinked. "Hm? What's up?"

"This morning..." He sighed and looked away.

Y/n realized that she couldn't answer his question earlier and looks down.

"Y-yeah. Sorry you had to see that." She sighed.

"I know I'm not in the right position to ask," He looks at her and trails off.

"That why someone like me was crying?" She smiled a little and shook her head while looking away, and Kageyama widened his eyes when she completed his sentence.

"Yeah.." He looks down at her and waited for her reply. "I know we're not friends or anything yet, but I wanna know." He told confidently. Y/n widened her eyes since it's the first time someone has seriously asked her a question that didn't consist of all the rumour that went around.

"After listening to all the rumours, you are still asking some silly questions like this?" She giggled and tried to brush the topic off.

"Yes, because I know you're different. You are nothing like everyone else is describing you to be so far." He frowned.

"Probably because I might be putting up a fake front." She looks at him.

He looks at her and after a pause, he smirked. "Yeah, probably. But your eyes says otherwise. Your tears this morning wasn't fake." He told, earning her silence. " It's true that I don't know you well enough, but I do know you have no bad intentions."

Y/n looks at him, causing him to look away, being all flustered again. 

"I-I-I don't know how this all player thing came about, b-b-b-ut I wouldn't m-mind listening to it." He scratched his head with a little embarrassed blush across his cheeks.

She smiled and chuckled softly. "Aren't you being a little too understanding for someone you don't know?" she mocked him.

"I-I don't know what y-y-you're talking about. We know each other since middle school and since you used to date Oikawa-san." He huffed and crossed his arms.

Y/n sighs and looks out the window. "It'll take a while for me to explain all this now.." she mutters.

Kageyama looks at her and walks over to where his bag is, taking out two ice coffee can and walking back towards her.

"I got time." He smiled and handed her a can.

She smiled and they sat on the floor as Y/n explained her side of the story, to what really happened.

"I actually don't know to reject people, honestly. Back in junior high, these guys would come and ask me out and even though I got no feelings for them, I didn't want to hurt their feelings so I just said yes to them. After a few weeks or maybe even days, when I get the courage to tell them the truth, they were kind enough to understand me, well most of them." she took a sip from the can and looked out the window. "Things were going well till then, and I know I was wrong for not being honest right away but I was scared if I hurt their feelings and end up feeling guilty."

Kageyama looked at her pitifully, realizing that people do judge a lot based on what they hear or based on looks.

"Well, what about Oikawa-san?" he asks.

"Well..." she looks down. "That's where all the rumours started, and all the bad things started to happen."

He looked at her, waiting for her to continue and she giggled at how attentive he was.

"Well Oikawa senpai was a good person, but you did know he was popular among girls. I was 13, and he was 15, i think... I did have a crush on him back then just like any other girl, but I wasn't like, crazy in love with him like how others were. I was kinda happy when he asked me out, and all these jealous girls started spreading this rumour that I was a player and had played with other guys before and what not." she shrugged.

"Why did you both break up then?" he asked curiously.

"Because of the rumours. I didn't want to hear people talk about me anymore and he also, kinda didn't have serious feelings for me." she shrugged. "Which was understandable, since people in junior high get into flings a lot. We kinda liked each other and decided to give it a shot. Nothing serious. We ended on good terms since we were losing the feelings we had on each other, and since he was starting his first year in a senior high school." she looks down and sighed. "Sadly, the rumours didn't die."

Kageyama looked down, crushing his empty can in his hand.

"So the reason you cried was because of the rumours?" He asked.

"Maybe, I mean, I don't care much about it since I got used to it but sometimes it's a little too much for me." She looks at him and laughed awkwardly.

He stood up and stretches his hand out to her to help her stand. "Well, of course, you can't keep bottling up your feelings. One can only stay strong for too long." He smiled.

Y/n smiled back and held his hand, standing up as he slightly pulled her up for support.

"Let's continue cleaning now." She chuckled and he nods.