Prologue.

Sometime in the last 2000 years, two massive volcanic calderas opened in the sea, releasing dragons to the over-world.  One in the oceans of Scotland and Norway, and one a few hundred miles off the coast of Japan. While most species spread in Eastern Europe, a few pods of Stormcutter, light fury, and night fury went to Japan.

In the early days of there arrival they found home where ever they could, and the ancient Japanese would worship them
About 100 years later, the storm cutters and light fury's went back to the hidden world. While just a few days later, the night fury discovered that a mountain was hollow and was part of a separate section of the hidden world, cut off by volcanic rock. The night fury's would come to make this there new home, as the mountain would be more suited for there needs among the other species of dragons.

Over the next few hundred years the Japanese Night fury popularity started to grow, with most of them living in average 150 years. Eventually more night fury came to Japan, escaping the people who want to kill off the species.

Right around this time is when Muzan Kibusuji was born. In the wake of him being born and leaving his humanity, Demons created from Muzans began to become the country's biggest threat. The Hidden world mountain, was full of life and prosperity, and outside it, death and danger. But, eventually the Demon slayers were born, in the effect to fight and end the threat of demons.

Demons would often stay away from the hidden world mountain, as the dragons, and the night fury's who would often take midnight flights would often kill wandering demons looking for there next meal. The demon slayer Corp eventually noticed this and had hiked up the the mountain entrance to Acquire the dragons assistance in the fight against the demons. Most of the dragons who had fled from Eastern Europe still where wary of humans, and didn't like them. The alpha of the nightfurys was curious, and agreed to go alone with the demon slayers, before he makes his decision on the whole clan getting involved.

Within the first week of his presence at the Demon slayer headquarters, he had made his decision. The demon slayers want our hell but don't trust us enough. The demon slayers out there own fear of the alpha, caged him, and minimized his food. While the alpha had had some trust for the demon slayers, he didn't think it was time to give them that trust. So one night a week of preparing for the alpha to be fitted with a rider, he burted a hole in his cage and flew back to his clan.

Upon his return and informing the clan about his experience, the ones who had fled Europe decided that they would rather be in the hidden world where the humans can't get to them. The alpha acknowledged there fear, and allowed them to go.

At this point it had been 600 years since the dragons had come to Japan , and the dragons would stay hidden in the mountain for another 300. Until one day, the new dragon king made its way to Japan. He had been the last survivor of Europe, and had a fake tail to prove it. The king of the tribe at the time was interested in his story and the King of the dragons who went by the name Toothless told them his story. And how he thought he was the very last night fury. The story of toothless was a sad and uplifting one. And it showed that not all humans were bad. Toothless would come back time and time again to visit his long lost family. And he would bring his own family at times. And over the years, he would get older, and older. And eventually would never return to the tribe. Toothless's tail fin was eventually kept by the tribe as a sign of hope, that one day the dragons could trust humanity, and humanity can trust the dragons.

For the next few hundred years the dragons would stay hidden until over 900 years later when there was only a few families left in the mountain, Muzan would attack. He and some of his highest ranking devils would try to end the night fury's once and for all. It was around this time, Y/N just a toddler at the time would see his grandparents be Slaughtered by Muzan and his demons, before they were forced to retreat. Y/N and his parents, and his best friend would be the only ones who survived. And during that fight, Y/N would lose his left tail fin. Being injured Y/N would never be able to leave the mountain, while his parents did. He was left with his only best friend. The two would live together harmoniously until Y/N's best friend would pass away after getting mortally Ill from an attack from one of Muzans demons during a midnight flight.

After this Y/N would become enraged, and deeply depressed. He was the last of his kind on the mountain, and couldn't fly. After 10 years of solitude, he decided to go out I search of a human who could possibly help him get the tail fin on. So he left his home and walked through the snow in search of a town.

(I just wanted to lay down the ground work of the story first and then move on from there. I hope you all enjoyed and are looking forward for future chapters.)