Somethings never change -Chapter 6-

Nightmare's POV

Ink looked smaller now then how he did back then. I guess the apple changed my height or I just grew more. Doesn't matter. I knew he was running away from Dream, and Dream didn't sound very happy with him. I took hold of him when he bumped into me. I knew who he was with that paint brush. I didn't need to stop and think.
When I took hold of him, I teleported to my room in the mine and the gangs mansion. I let go of him after for him to take a moment to breath.
"Who are you?" Inked had asked after a few minutes of looking at me. "Ink you probably don't remember me". He looked startled when I spoke his name. He really doesn't recognize me. He asked how I knew his name, so I told him the only truth I know, "you probably don't recognize me but, I'm Nightmare".
Ink looked at me up and down, looking into my eye socket. "Boy have you changed" he remarked. I gave a slight chuckle, "Looks and some other things". Ink looked puzzled but then I opened my arms for a hug and came jumping and crashing into my open arms. Ink had hugged me tightly with his arms and his legs being wrapped around my waist. I felt his head sink into my sweater on my shoulder. We stayed like that, until I heard sharp breaths from Ink.
I sat down on my bed still holding Ink. "Inky, what's wrong?" I wanted to be there for him. "I'm scared. I'm scared of Dream" Ink's response shocked me. Why was he scared? What did Dream do?
"Why are you scared of him?" I felt Ink move against me. "He locked me up in room, didn't allow me to go out. When I finally escaped, he found me and darted for me" I already hated Dream, but this made me hate him more. I not once in my life did I think that Dram would have ever do such thing. Ink started to cry and all I could do was comfort him.
I rubbed his back and swayed side to side. After a long while, Ink had fallen asleep. I went to lay him down only to find that he had held onto my sweater and had a good grip on it.
I lied down with Ink, holding him close to my chest. I kissed his forehead and dozed off, knowing Ink was with me and was at a peaceful state.

                                                                                           ☾Morning☽

Ink's POV

I woke up in a soft bed that felt like heaven. I opened my eye sockets to see a dark room mostly with black walls. I turned over and faced the wall remembering what has happened last night. I was finally away from Dream, but at what cost? I sat up and my eye lights wondered around the room and landed on another being. "Hello Nightmare" I spoke, remembering who he was. Nightmare looked up from the book and smiled at me, "Good afternoon Ink". Noon? God I slept good.
Nightmare set the book down and came over to me. "How did you sleep?" He asked. I replied with the truth, "Good, I can't remember the last time I slept like that".  Nightmare sat down and crawled over to him sitting next to him. "Still like reading?" I asked because I really didn't know what to say. Nightmare nodded his head yes. "I like reading, it's a great way to kill time and you get to learn new stuff". I looked around. The room was huge. It had a washroom, a enormous window that led outside to a balcony with a view of a garden.
"Sorry I didn't see you for so long" I felt guilty for abandoning him like that. "It's alright Ink, I don't blame you. I remember you telling me about how busy you can be"  didn't feel like it was okay, but I didn't want to argue. "I went to your au when I had time to myself, and it was destroyed. Everyone was dead. What happened?" I was eager to know. Nightmare sighed "I got fed up with how I was treated and let anger take control of me". I hugged him. I felt him slide one arm over me.
"I was looking and looking for you for so long and I never gave up. Last night, I went looking for you and you bumped into me. After you told me what happened, I understood why I couldn't find you sooner". Tears filled my eye sockets. Nightmare noticed and wiped them away.
"You can stay here. You don't need to go back. I know you fearDream in a sort of way" Nightmare told me. I did fear Dream in many ways. "Thank you" I replied. "Do you want to meet the others?" Nightmare asked. I looked up and said yes.