Chapter 16 - He has Me

Previously-

"Please," gaara asked him,
"tell me.
what did you see?"
__________________________

Now-

Naruto never told gaara what he saw. He merely wiped his face ad turned to gaara and smiled before whispering,

"Sorry." Naruto then stood and disappeared into Gaara's room to sleep.

.Naruto gently rested his head on gaara's pillow. Naruto's brain was filled with thoughts that even the blonde couldn't quiet understand. But naruto did know something was wrong. He knew something was coming. And he knew that what was coming, what ever was coming was not going to be pleasant. Naruto took a deep breath and stared at the ceiling. Naruto felt ashamed for having Gaara witness himself on the roof. that was a side of himself, he showed to no one. the blonde recalled his moments on the roof as he stared at the stars before gaara had came. A feeling of utter loneliness had consumed him. A feeling of being trapped. Of want to scream to cry to yell. To be a child. But Naruto refused. He simply let himself stare at the high stars, which echoed those he had seen. All those years ago. When Gaara come on the roof, Naruto had felt relief, and anger and sadness and another feeling Naruto couldn't name. What ever is was is felt so small, so faint. But so wonderfully, beautifully warm. Like holding a tiny sun. Naruto closed his eyes, and picture Gaara and himself under the stars, once more and he felt his muscles go slack. His brain slowed and slowly, the whiskered boys eased into a deep sleep.

"Gaara, I'm sorry." Naruto whispered out as his eyes closed for the night.

.Gaara sat on the roof thinking over the words the blonde had said. Gaara stared at the stars up, that shone, twinkling high above himself.

"What did you see naruto?" Gaara asked the skies above him. But like they had always done for him, they said nothing. But mearly twinkled brightly as if smiling. Gaara stared at the stars. "What could naruto have meant? I dont understand." Gaara bowed his head, buried deep in thought. "Slipping? What cracks? And doesn't he know. He doesn't only have his memories. He has us. He is the one who taught me, to depend in your friends." Gaara said looking back up at the stars, with a strange feeling blooming in his heart. A single tear slid free from gaara's pale green eyes.

"He has Me."