Chapter 10 - Prepare and Cry Part 1.2

Part 1.2-

Yura, Yura, Yurameku.
Nami no, mae ni....." As the first words trailed off i felt the arms tighten around me. And then the soft voice which had sung the lullaby asked me. "You promised me. Don't forget. Your promised!!" As the voice said the last word i felt myself pulled back in wakefulness.

My eyes flung open. That dream. That voice. I felt a single tear threaten the corner of my eye, but i refused. It didn't escape. I took a deep breath and pushed myself up and out of bed. The pile of weapons and scroll still laid there scattered about my room. But i ignored them. The clock on my bedside table was shining again. In soft soothing blues. 6:00pm. Rei could be coming anytime. I felt my body jerk into a motion. I yanked the now empty shelfs from the other room and crammed them into my own. And stacked and piled scroll onto them. Then, i the weapons in drawers, which went on the bottom shelves. With my room now acceptable, well at least by my standards anyway. I moved onto Rei's soon to be bedroom. I glanced at the now empty room. The walls wear an old faded grey. It may have been white at one time, but when, i couldn't remember. I slid on my mesh wire armor, and then slid on my jacket and headed out onto the village. The sun was setting. Glimpse of orange and yellow shone violently through edges and overtops of buildings. I made my way over to the shopping area, an walked into one of the furniture store. I was looking for a bed. Honestly i had always meant to get a second bed. I ha always wanted one, that way maybe someone would be more likely to come and sleep over. I course i had a some blankets and such that could be used if that had ever happen. Which it didn't. Now i need somewhere for Rei to sleep. I wandered around looking for a small bed. Nothing really fancy or big, just enough for one full grown person. And i wanted it a reasonable price. Unfortunately luck was not on my side today. All the single bed available were either two small, or were the fancy one's i couldn't afford. I sighed. I guess i am really going to get i bed, then i going to have to get a full sized one. I wandered around looking for a cheap full size. In the meantime, Luck decided to change teams, and is now helping me out. I turned a corner and my jaw plummeted downwards in a not so pretty way. There before me. Stood a full size bed cheaper than a twin or a single!! Yes! I checked my frog. Yep. I got enough money. I went up to the counter and spoke with him. He was a bot surprised to see me in his store, but he sold me the bed and everything.

"Here you are, you receipt. the bed will arrive at you door in about an hour. Unless you would prefer to take it now?" The store clerk said.

"No, thats fine. I am fine waiting." I replied with a grin. Then i made my way home. I walked through the streets and the people and i felt a slight pang run through me. My feet pivoted and i followed suit going to the one place i knew that might help. My feet knew the path and i walked towards a large arch passing underneath it. I knew what it said. KONOHA GRAVEYARD. It read in large letters Across the arch. I stepped between graves and follow the path to one grave i needed to see. I stopped then, and looked down.

'Here lies Jiraya beloved master friend an teammate. May he rest in peace'

they almost got it right. Almost. Yes, it true Jiraya was only my master, but thought of him as my own father or perhaps grandfather. It should be,

'here lies Jiraya, beloved master friend and father figure'

He give the push i needed to continue on with my training. Supported me. And believed in me, in a way no else had before. I wish he was here now. Its been so long. For some reason i keep thinking he might might popup one day outside my window grinning with a new perverted book in his hands. But he's not. I kneeled down in front his grave, and fought the tears i couldn't cry at his funeral.

"Oi. Pervy sage." I said softly my voice slightly shaky. "I defeated Madara. Well, with the help if everyone. I got kyuubi to behave himself too. Nagato, well, he is up there with you isn't he?" I felt the corner of my mouth lift up in a smile. "I did it. Just like you said." My voice cracked at the end. "Oi. Jiraya, i had a nightmare last night. Only it wasn't a nightmare. The other day again as well." I said these words with my head bowed, my hair falling into my face. "Rei is coming back. Says she want to live with me as a mother should." I felt a single tear slide down my cheek. "Sensei, im scared! I don't want her here. I don't want to see her!"I felt A quite sob run through me as tears danced and ran their way down my cheeks.

Why cant I stop crying?

why?

________________________