chapter 48

Previously-
make night camp." Clear said leading me deeper into the forest.
___________________________

Now-
I yawn loudly and clear glanced back at me before looking up towards the dark sky.

"The stars are really bright aren't they?" Clear said as he walked up beside me. I nodded.

"Mm hmm! They're really pretty!"

"Yes." Clear said, before he looked over at me. "They really are. I grinned at him. Finally. Finally we were free, free of rei and her disgusting husband. Free from pulling the cart, from making breakfast for them every morning while we got nothing but scraps.
Finally, we are free! I let out an exuberant laugh which echoed high and strong against the bark of the thick trees.

"We did it clear! We are finally free! Hahaha!" I jumped and hollered and Clear laughed along side me.

"Yeah, we did it." He said before letting out his own laughter and then yawned. "Now its time to get some sleep. We still have to figure out how to get to a town so far away, that Rei will never find us...." His words slowly merged until the become nothing but gibberish and he dozed off into sleep. I glanced up at the stars. One word, no, one name burning in my mind. Konoha.

"I i wonder. Is it a really place?" I asked the stars and the tree, but only received shining brillance and the rustling of leaves for a reply. I sighed and moved over to Clear where i snuggled up and drifted of onto the gentle open sea of sleep.
i woke up, my leg was still hurting. but it was not quiet as bad. my eyes blinked open slowly to see the afternoon light glistening downwards. i blinked again and laughed. my head turned over to see clear looking up a well.

"its like a shower of gold!!" i said laughing. "it so pretty!" clear nodded.

"yeah. it makes to leafs looms so delicate so green, so vibrant and wonderful. like the earth itself is alive." clear said. we stood up and yawned loudly.

"hey clear?" i said looking at him.
"hm?" clear turned his head back to look at me.

"where do we go now?" clear tilted his head pushing my words around. turning them. twisting them. examining them.

"im no sure naru. but, anywhere is better then, there." clear said jerking his chin in the direction of Rei's house. we pushed on wards through the woods. it was slowly going, since for some reason my leg didn't seem to be any better. although, the gashes on back from the whip seem to have faded away, well. at least the pain anyway. no one heals THAT fast. i guess it will heal up soon enough though. i pushed myself onwards trying to keep up with clear, my eyes trained on his back even as i stumbled and tripped. my leg, dragging slightly, caught onto a rock and i crashed forwards on the ground. air rushed from my lungs as my body made impact with the ground. i grunted and tried to pull my self upwards. suddenly a hand appear in my line of sight.

"thanks clear."

"no problem." he said, helping me up and onto my feet. "is it your leg he said, glancing downwards" i nodded shamefully.

"yes." clear crouched down to look at my leg, before frowning he took a hold of my hand and walked with me forwards even slower than before.

___________________________