Chapter 13 - Dominos

Previously

"Hey. Do you want to play a game?" Rei asked me with a grin of pure sickening pleasure. No, no, i don't want to play her games!
__________________________

Now-
Its been three months since Rei started to live with Naruto, and ever since she came naruto has been getting stranger and stranger. I sighed. How troublesome. Just then Neji arrived. I tilted my head nodded at him. He nodded back, and settled in for a few hours to watch Konoha's most unpredictable ninja. I jumped away from the tree and made my way to Tsunaide to make my report.

(Naruto p.o.v)

I stood in my kitchen across from Rei, who was sitting eating breakfast. My stomach rumbled, but i didn't say anything. Rei set the spoon she was holding down and stood up before going towards the bathroom.

"Oh, clean up that mess will ya? And hurry up and eat your going to be late and your failure reflects on me, so don't be late." And with that she disappeared into the bathroom. I flew into motion, and created a clone he cleaned the dishes while i ate ramen quickly before i got rid of it. I dashed out of the door and headed towards the meeting place of team 7. My gut twisted and turned and i felt off. My head is all foggy. I was gasping for air by the time he reached the clearing Sakura and Sasuke were waiting for him. Kakashi arrived at the same moment as i did. Kakashi looked at me for a moment and sakura sighed.

"Hn.Dobe, quit being late. Your going to end up like kakashi" Sasuke said smirking at me. I didn't bother replying i merely glared.

"Okay...Anyway. We will splitting up on separate missions. Sakura you will be heading to the land of the Mist, the Mizukage wants to exchange medical knowledge and since you a the student of lady Tsunaide you are the prime candidate." Kakashi said the the pinked haired kunoichi.

"Right. I will go get ready and leave." And with that Sakura took off.

"Now. Naruto, Sasuke. You will be serving as temporary ambassadors." Kakashi sweat dropped. "Sasuke, you got the the land of the clouds, and Naruto, you go to Suna."Kakashi stated simply.

"Hm. Fine." Sasuke replied before turning a leaving. I grinned, i get to go to Suna!! I turned and dashed home and grabbed some clothes and some other stuff i might need before heading towards the gates of Konoha.

. .I stood in Tsunaide's office, as i finished up the report.
"I see." Tsunaide said folding her hands together. "And your sure Naruto seems unaware of these facts?" Tsunaide Asked me.

"Well... It doesn't appear so. And if he did know i don't think he would put with it." I stated before frowning. "Although, Naruto is acting strange i don't not believe is because of these factors."

"Hmm? Do you have an idea as to why Naruto has been acting strangely in the past months then?" I sighed again and went through of few of the recent events. Last week Naruto had been offered 7 extra large bowls of ramen at ichiraku, and he refused. He said he wasn't in the mood for ramen. Another point Naruto never talks back to anyone or argue with anyone when Rei is nearby. Another thing Naruto has been early or on time for every meeting of event or anything, talk about out of character.

"Oi!! Shikamaru!" I jolted out of my train if thought.

"Huh, uh, what?" I asked.

"You never answered my question."

"Ah." I sighed. "Its hard to say, there could many factors at play, although. Yes, the source of problems seems to be Rei, but i don't think simply making her leave would solve the problem."

"What do you mean?"

"Dominos. Now that it started it will take more effort to stop it." I shrugged. "Thats why i recommended sending Naruto to Suna." Tsunaide sighed.

"Yes, i already sent Gaara a letter informing him of the recent events. With any luck having Naruto spend some time away from the village and Rei might to him good. Naruto has done nothing but work and stress over Konoha over these past years. He need to stop and relax." Tsunaide sighed. "Unfortunately, getting Naruto to relax is impossible no matter how hard you try." I nodded.

"Yeah. But. Gaara might be able to do it they do have a strange bond."

"Yes. Indeed they do." Tsunaide said agreeing.