Chapter 31

Previously-

"As long as rei isnt around, we can play to." Just then a low level ninja burst through the door.
"We found Rei's hideout
__________________________

Now-

Everyone had flown into a mad frenzy at the information. Plans were made. Plans were scraps. Teams were formed. New plans were made. Equipment was gathered. Medics were prepared. Weapons were sharpened. Everything was everywhere. Then we went for it. My eyes swept across the wide open field. No wonder we had not found it before. We were looking in the wrong place. Here she was. Over where the uzumaki clan once thrived. Ruined houses rested on the ground as grass sprouted from the road. Bushed dotted the once great place. Here and there, grass would shaking as rabbit hopped their way around. The uzumaki crest was seen crumbled on every building. Broken glass still littered across the ground from when the Uzumaki's had fallen. Wooded doors held rot. And nature was taking back the town. Erasing it from memory. The uzumaki clan. Had fallen. And so like all things, they must retreat into the fold of forgotten time. I continued to step, my team behind me. We had our part to play. Sasuke was their. He stood next to me. Continuing forward. He eyes not glancing around at the ruins. Sakura was on my other side. Her eyes wandering over the collapse buildings and forgotten things. But still she moved forward. Passing them by. Because that is what they were. Things to be see. In passing. Seen. And forgotten. At least to most. We crept forward. We had been watching the place for the past two days. Waiting. We wait no longer. Shikamaru had tried to come up with a way to snatch Naruto away secretly. But could not think of one that had a successful outcome. In the end we had but one choice. We fight for naruto. I gazed up at the high cliff. Homes had been carved in there. Tunnels that intersected inside like a maze. You could see parts of the homes jutting out slightly from the rock face. You could see where windows would have been. All sizes. Great. And small. A few still had glass in them. But only one window held my attention. The one with Rei. She was standing there. Her face was relaxed. As though we were old friends coming to visit. As though we were not an army about to take her down. And take naruto back. As though we were nothing. And perhaps to her we weren't. But i do not care. Right now my focus was on naruto. The flower he had given me was close to my heart. Still alive, vibrant. A pure white. Though i could not tell you how. It simply was. The army we had brought came in behind us. As we stared down our enemy. Rei stood tall, fearless as we gazed at her. She flipped gracefully out of the window and landed in the ruins in front of us.

"You know you are standing in the ruin of my home?" She spoke loudly her voice echoing anger and pain. Though her face held none.

"Your point?" Sasuke said dryly. Her eyes held madness, and she charged forwards. Shrieking. So it had begun.