Chapter Seven

(Brandon's Pov)

I followed behind them with my head down and hair in my face. Why can't we just do it later? I want to go to the nurse and talk to Devin! Oh, and I thought of a new song we could sing. I guess I'll just tell him at lunch.  "Will you hurry up? Goddamn walk faster," Evan said. I walked faster and we walked into the cafeteria. I walked over to the lunch line and got a piece of pizza and a coke. Evan and the others all got cheeseburgers. Yep, I'm definitely the outcast right now. They all went over to their table and I awkwardly sat across from Evan.

"So, do you still want to do 'nine in the afternoon?'" I asked. He shrugged and took a bite of his burger.

"Whatever you want to do, make sure it's something that you can sing," he said in a warning tone. I shrunk back a little and nodded.

"Well, um, I was thinking of a duet," I said nervously. He looked at me and thought about it.

"Fine, what song?"

"Say something," I said. He dropped his burger and glared at me.

"No," he growled.

"Why not?"

(Evan's Pov)

Why not?! Why the fuck not!? Well first off that was my little brother's favorite song when he was alive! Second, if I even hear the song I start to cry.

"I just don't want to do it," I said.

"There has to be a reason," he pushed.

"I said no because I don't want to do the fucking song! There's your reason! Not drop it before I punch you in your ugly ass fag face," I said. Tears filled up in his eyes and he ran out of the lunch room. I sighed and looked at the guys who were staring at me. "What?!" I snapped. They all went back to eating and I picked at my food. Why do I feel bad? I sighed and got up and said, "I'll be back.'" I walked out the door and over to the nurse.

(Brandon's Pov)

I ran out of the lunch room with tears running down my face. I ran into the nurses office and saw Devin sitting in his chair doing paper work.

"Devin?" I sniffled.

He turned to me and said, "Oh my gosh, Brandon, what happened?!" He came up to me and guided me to a chair.

"Evan. . .he's bullying me. I asked him if he wanted to do a song called 'Say Something' but he just got so angry!" I sobbed.

"Do you know why he got angry?"

"He has anger issues! He's a bipolar asshole who's nice one second and mean the next!" I said. He doesn't care if we cuss.

"I'm sure he has a reason why he's like this to you," Devin said.

"He said he's jealous of me. Why would he be jealous of me? He's the most popular kid in school!" I said.

"Brandon, have you ever thought about what his home life might be like?' he said. I sniffled and wiped my eyes.

"No," I said.

"I've met his father before and trust me, he's not a friendly man."

"So, your saying that he's jealous of my home life?" I asked.

"I'm just saying that you should talk to him," Devin said. There was a knock on the door and Evan stood there. "I'll give you guys some privacy." He left the room and Evan walked in. I sniffled and wiped my tears.

"Look, I'm sorry for snapping at you. You just don't understand how much I hate that song," he said.

I smiled a little because he apologized and said, "I understand." He scratched the back of his neck nervously. When he did that his sleeves pulled up a little and I saw multiple cuts. My eyes widened and I stood up and went over to him. I grabbed his hand and he looked at me confused. I went to pull up sleeve and he resisted. "Let me see!" I said.

"Why? There's nothing to see!" he said.

"You cut yourself, don't you?" I whispered. He looked down and had tears in his eyes.

I did something that I'm probably going to regret but I hugged him. To my surprise he hugged me back and said, "Yes."

"Why? You have the perfect life though," I said.

He chuckled a dark, humorless chuckle and said, "That's what you think." I pulled back and looked him in his eyes. You could tell how hurt he was and how he was suffering from something.

"Can you tell me?" He shook his head no and I sighed.

"I promise I won't tell anyone, and I keep my promises. If I don't then you can just beat me up," I said.

"Fine, when I was little my little brother died, his favorite song was say something. After he died my father. . .my father started drinking and doing drugs. After that he started to hit me and beat me. . ."

(Evan's Pov)

Why am I telling him all this? I'm supposed to be hitting him, not telling him my life story. Brandon stared at me in shock before hugging me again. I hugged him back, and for some reason I liked his touch. I hugged him tighter, not wanting him to let go. He suddenly pulled away and stared into my eyes. I looked into his eyes and then down to his lips. I did something that shocked both of us. . .I kissed him.

*Oh my god they kissed! What will happen next? Find out in the next chapter! Don't forget to comment and vote! Also don't forget to check out my other story I bet I can make him smile boyxboy. Love you all <3*