Chapter 16: Swing

Two Weeks

A month later...

Some Universities already announced the dates for the entrance exams and Jimin only had two months to count. He wanted to get into Seoul National University and it really worried him that he might not be able to make it if he wouldn't study hard. He told Jeongyeon about this and she understood. This meant two months of being away from each other as Jimin had to enroll in a review center and focus.

Chaeyoung: C'mon, the review center is also in Seoul... does he really have to be away from you for two months?

Jeongyeon asked Chaeyoung to come inside her office because of the uneasiness she was feeling.

Jeongyeon: He needs focus and that's something that he's challenged to have in our house especially now that he's more carefree around Eun Hwan.

When they informed the people about Jimin's real relationship with Eun Hwan, everyone got happy and some even went to the extent— for example, Jeongyeon's mom. She wanted her daughter and Jimin to get married as soon as possible so Jeongyeon and Eun Hwan could both change their names. She even asked Nayeon to bug the man about getting married but Nayeon disapproved of this, reasoning that Jimin might get pressured.

That was half of the truth as to why Nayeon declined. She was actually also stressed out as she felt like Jin would be popping the question anytime soon and she wanted to prepare for that moment.

Going back to Chaeyoung— Jeongyeon asked her about Jungkook out of the blue. Apparently, Chaeyoung started going to the Strawberry Strip Club since the time of Jeongyeon's anxiety attacks. She got Jungkook's number from Jimin so that there was someone she knew and could somehow trust if she'd go there. Little by little, they began hanging out even outside of Jungkook's work time but they never hooked up.

One night at dinner, Jungkook suddenly spat out...

Jungkook: I like Chaeyoung!

This confession choked Jimin while eating out of being surprised. He'd never seen Jungkook be someone who'd be romantically involved, it was just that he really enjoyed whoring around.

Jimin: That can't be right, right?

Jungkook: No, I'm telling the truth. She shows me the real meaning of freedom... and that's seeing someone without thinking about... *looks at Eun Hwan* you know.

Jeongyeon: I'm pretty sure that if you'd finally do it with her, that would change.

Jungkook: Noona??

Jeongyeon: What?? That's the truth. But yeah, I'm just kidding. Continue.

Jungkook: Hmm, I don't know if she feels the same way. I really care for her. But I respect if she wants to take everything slowly.

Chaeyoung sighed and looked somewhere distant before answering Jeongyeon.

Chaeyoung: Hmm, what I think about him. I think... he's funny and kind and hot... and gosh, he really is a whore and that's so cool.

Jeongyeon: Wow. Okay? Uhm, have you ever thought of him as you know, someone you might like?

Chaeyoung: Yes I did.

Jeongyeon: Jinjja???

Chaeyoung: But I don't know. I don't think we'd be a good couple. Unlike Jimin-oppa, it's like... his life is already revolving around the strip club and of course I wanna date someone who'll be stuck on me. He's happy about his job and I don't wanna take that happiness away from him. So, I didn't show any signs to him.