Chapter 13: Look At Me

What's Going On In Your Head?

Months prior to meeting Jimin...

Jeongyeon was in a rush as she only had less than twenty minutes left before her magazine interview schedule. However, knowing that she wouldn't be able to get her mind straight without coffee in the morning, she first ordered one in Starbucks.

As if it was hell's rent due, Jeongyeon bumped into certain someone when she carelessly turned around after getting her order, making the coffee spill on the other person's white dress.

Jeongyeon: Oh my god!! I'm so—

The other person sighed, irritation evident from it, and marched to leave. Jeongyeon, on the other hand, quickly thrown her useless drink and stopped the girl from walking. She wouldn't get away with the guilt of ruining someone's day so might as well just be late on her interview.

The girl glared at her.

That glare, I've seen it before.

Jeongyeon: Let me make it up to you, please. Let me help you...

The other girl's expression shifted when she realized who was talking to her.

Irene: Yoo Jeongyeon?

Yoon Irene, 20

Jeongyeon: *surprised* You— you know me?

Irene: Uhm... of course?

Of course, almost everyone knew Jeongyeon and she was still getting the hang of it.

Irene: You know what, it's fine. *sighs* Quite embarrassing and irritating but my brother would surely love this, he might even frame my dress and hang it on his wall. You're his crush, even making up stories that you dated. *giggles*

Her brother?

Jeongyeon finally remembered when she'd seen her before. The girl was only five years old so she had probably forgotten.

Jeongyeon: It's Jeonghan, isn't it?

Irene: Oh? *stunned*

Jeongyeon: Am I right? You're... Irene?

Irene: Omo! How did you know?

How would I ever forget?

It was during middle school when Jeonghan, who she treated as her bestfriend, finally admitted his feelings towards her. She was so happy and excited that someone took an interest in her, she said yes.