Chapter 10: You in My Heart

Eomma

Chaeyoung set foot in Jeongyeon's office holding a folder that she lazily put on top of her boss' table. This caused Jeongyeon to stop whatever she was doing in front of her laptop and turn her focus on her.

Jeongyeon: Mwo?

Chaeyoung: Jeongyeon-ssi, I reviewed the proposal... I'm sorry but I can't sign this.

Jeongyeon: Huh?? Wae? It's a well-thought-of plan, what's wrong.

Chaeyoung: And who is this for again?

Jeongyeon: For— for the people who need help with their education...

Chaeyoung: No, this is for Jimin.

Jeongyeon: He's just an inspiration! *stands up*

Chaeyoung: Ani. Look, whichever way you look at it... it doesn't sit right. You are going to use the company's money to fund this project, remember. If the board finds out that Jimin applied to this, what would they think knowing that your faces are all over the internet? This is a conflict of interest.

Jeongyeon: That's why we have to look for someone who can pitch the project!

Chaeyoung: Have you thought of a person who we can trust that much? You're not only gonna lie to the board but to Jimin too. And he's not even under the company, you're his direct, remember? This is gonna be an issue.

Jeongyeon: I will donate my money, I will use that to fund the project.

Chaeyoung: Ain't gonna happen without you disclosing it. Unless we'd say that it's anonymous which is very suspicious. You know Jimin, you said yourself he overthinks a lot and he's smart. *sits on the couch*

Jeongyeon: *sits down* What are you gonna suggest?

Chaeyoung: I really don't have a solid plan in my mind yet. But maybe... donating your money to a trusted friend and have them run this program instead?

Jeongyeon: Who? I can't think of someone.

Chaeyoung: Sehun-ssi. That won't look suspicious.

Jeongyeon: Yeah, and Jimin won't even bother as well. And why the hell would you think I'd talk to him???

Chaeyoung: Mianhae. I thought you are that desperate?

Jeongyeon: *gasps* I think I know the perfect person who can help us.

〰️

The man in front of Jeongyeon obviously had a lot of questions in his mind but did not dare ask as she was giving him a cold stare. Beside her was Chaeyoung who had no idea of what was happening. They were sitting in a café near her office.

Jeongyeon: Taehyung.

Taehyung: *startled* Noo— noona!

Jeongyeon: We need to talk somewhere private...

Taehyung: Where?

Jeongyeon: In your mansion...

Taehyung: M— mwo????