Chapter 24: Daddys Home

Allison

Today Uhlena is 3 months old. She's getting big. Carter will be home this month too and I can't wait to see him. Uhlena has been sleeping a lot at night lately which is amazing.

Today I'm getting my locks changed and buying some more furniture for the house.

I had Uhlena now enrolled in the daycare across the street from my new job at the humane society. Oh yeah, and I'm going to real estate school in the fall.

*someone rings the doorbell*

"Who Is it?" I asked.

"Kassidy, I live next door. I wanted to invite you over to our annual neighbor cookout" she said as I opened the door for her.

"Oh okay, come on in." I said walking her to the kitchen island. "Would you like something to drink?"

"Water would be fine" she said.

She told me that the cookout was tomorrow at 4:00 pm. Luckily I get off work at 1:00.

"I'll be over" I said.

"Okay, it was finally nice to meet you" she said waving.

"Likewise" I said before closing my front door.

I got Uhlena from out get swing .

"We going to eat tomorrow baby" I said to her. "We gone get you some mash nataydas, " I said in my baby voice and that cracked her up.

Next Day

I came from work and got in the shower. I put on a cute skater dress and some wedges. I put Uhlena in her little cute pink and blue checkered button up shirt and blue leggings. It was hot here. We walked next door.

"Hey Allison" Kassidy greeted me at the front door.

"Hey" I said.

"Everyone's out back" she said pointing to the patio door.

I walked out there and it was a lot of people. Majority of them were black to my surprise. People were in the pool, it was barbeque feeling the air, and kids playing all types of games.

"Allison, come meet my daughters" the man said that saved me.

"Hi I'm Allison, this is my daughter Uhlena" I said.

"Hey, I'm Tabria and that's my sister Jasmine" she said.

"Okay y'all go play, here you can sit here" he said pointing to the seat next to him.

"Thank you" I said taking a seat.

"You want anything to drink?" Kassidy came and asked me.

"Sure , " I said.

She brought me an orange soda.

"So how you like the neighborhood?" Kassidy asked me.

"Its great, its so peaceful" I said smiling.

"Can I hold Uhlena?" She asked me.

"Um sure" I said grabbing Uhlena out her stroller and passing her to Kassidy.

"She's so beautiful" kassidy said.

"Thank you" I said.

We chilled out for a few hours and it was getting a little dark outside. I finally learned Kassidys husband name which was Amere. Kassidy watched Uhlena while I went back to the house to get some stuff for Uhlena.

I got back and Uhlena was sleep so I put her in the stroller with her screened stroller over lay so she don't get bit by anything and I put a blanket on her.