Before

Survival. Death. That's what took me to live. I heard the crying of my brother. My hands curling around his tiny fingers quietly. The sound of bombs hitting the ground, making me tremble with the ground . My hair went around my baby brothers face, like a curtain. Tears were draining down my eyes and screams were filling the air. My mother came to me and my brother wiping my tears with her cold bloody fingers and took her son from my arms and shushed him peacefully while singing her song with her trembling voice, knowing it will be the last time she sings it. Tears went down her bloody cheek, whispering to my brother,

" I'll meet you in the meadow." she said sobbing even more

Until a guy smashed in the tent, with a dirty black fur coat around him and long brown hair trailing down his skin. Fjerda . The guy pulled my mother away  threatening her to keep quiet or he'll carve her in pieces in front of our eyes , with his blade in his right hand. I screamed my mothers name, begging mercy to keep her alive. My mother jumped and tumbled shrieking me and my brothers name struggling. I wrapped a blanket around my baby brothers body and set him in a box far away, running to the Fjerda hunter, getting my blade from my pocket that father gave me right when I was born. Dry blood already carved in it, from when I trained and cut myself. I aimed it at the man, dodging his jumps at me, his sword inches away from my nose, when his blade stabbed through my leg, as I screamed with pain. He then kicked me in the shin when I fell over, and jumped up, not giving up, remembering my fathers last words before he died from the Shu. Never surrender. I punched his face with my leg and swept him off his feet, a yelp  coming out from his dirty mouth. I then held my dagger at his nose threatening him to leave. 

 " Leave. Or I will pierce this through your heart and carve you up for the rats." I threatened 

" You're only a girl. You can't even pull it through one layer of my skin!" 

We'll see about that. I pushed my dagger to where his heart stand, and pierced it through his skin, pushing it deeper until he surrendered. His screams grew bigger every time I pushed it 5 inches deeper. Then, he surrendered. I pulled the dagger out , feirecly, and threatened him one more time to let him get the hint. More screams filled outside, and my body trembled praying it wouldn't be our people. 

"You think you're so clever, do you?" said the guy

 " I wouldn't bet on it!" I said 

He then limped towards the tents opening, until he grabbed my weak mother with his dead arms. I lunged toward her.. when blood sprayed my face. No. I squinted my eyes open, praying to the Saints it wasn't her blood. I fell to my knees my eyes wide open with tears and blood. No. My mother layed there, with a long bloody cut over her neck, eyes closed with dry tears across her face. No. I felt my heart stopping, my bood in my veins moving slower, my ears getting mute except the sound of a blur. No. No. It was quiet, the only sound I heard was my brother's cry . Then... my heart started pounding, faster, and faster. Until I felt the anger growing inside of me every second a tear dropped. I started breathing loudly,more loudly, and more loudly. My bones got thick and stronger and stronger, when I looked down, and saw my veins turning black. They were spreading all over my arms like vines. Whats happening to me? It grew and grew with my anger, and all around me turned black. Shadows covered the place, and my anger was nothing like I seen before. My bones and muscles got more stronger as I was shaking. My pulse started raising with anger again and I was heavily breathing like someone shot me. I looked all around my body to see the black veins went up to my neck and it covered me with darkness and shadows that were all around me. I streched my arms wide  on to the floor and screamed. I screamed hard as ever. My voice got stronger, and I couldn't hear my brothers cry because everything was falling apart from my scream. I screamed louder and louder from the loss of my mother, black shadows shooting out of me all over my body, my voice turning into a sound of a monster, and shadows spinning around me.