Epilogue

When Amaia opened her eyes again, she felt weak, like something ate a piece of her life. Lights flashed before her eyes as she tried to focus her vision that was really blurry. She breathed heavy, still trying to figure out what was real and what not. All kinds of voices reached her ears, still, she didn't understand even one word. At first. The static noise of the radio hit her from behind.

She searched the room for someone she knew, for someone she could talk to. But there was no one there. Amaia was all alone in her small farmhouse, like she imagined. Pain filled her whole body. It felt like she slept for years. Well, maybe she did. Her ability requires a lot of energy. Now, that the bond was broken, Amaia had to regain her strength again.

Sadness and happiness combined into a weird feeling she couldn't describe. How was she able to push herself so much? Why did she help this man only to suffer afterwards? Maybe it was the love of her life? Maybe it pushed her to her limits and beyond. With Chrollo on her side, she wasn't allowed to give up just like that. She had a reason to fight for. Now that she thinks about it... She did it all for him. So, he could see the sun rise again and laugh with his friends. Chrollo was not a person who deserved such a cruel punishment. That was the only thing which passed her thoughts while choosing to help him. His smile, his calm yet powerful presence, his... everything. Chrollo had to live, even if it meant for her to be heartbroken.

Amaia tried to lift her heavy body from the kitchen chair she was sitting in, only to fall to the ground. Her body was not able to support her weight. The fall made the chair fall on top of her. This was the first time she had established such a strong bond. No wonder her body is so overwhelmed. Maybe she should just take a short nap on the floor?

All of a sudden someone took hold of her hand. Her head turned around to see a black-haired man with sorrow written all over his face. Without saying a word, he pushed the chair away and helped Amaia on her feet, then carried her to her bed. There he sat down next to her on the mattress.

"Chrollo..." Amaia whispered with her rough voice that hasn't been used in a long while.

He looked different. His hair was longer, his bangs covered the cross on his forehead. Oh, that's right. For him, the time went on. He was now even older than Amaia, who hasn't aged a day since they saw each other.

"You look different." Amaia stated as she was unsure what to say.

"You look exactly the same as I remembered." Chrollo spoke for the first time with his soft voice.

Slowly he lifted Amaia's hand, so it would touch his cheek. Oh, how he missed her warmth. She is here. After such a long time, she is back. And Chrollo still couldn't grasp it. He waited whole two years just to hold her again, yet he was somehow afraid to touch her. Amaia was like a bubble. Chrollo thought, he would wake up from a dream if he touched her the wrong way.

But this wasn't a dream. Amaia was back.

"W-Why are you here?" she asked with tears in her eyes.

"I wanted to dance with you again." He whispered with a red tint on his cheeks. Then he bowed down and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, hugging her tightly. "I missed you so much."

____________________________

Hello! Thank you all for reading this story. I'm glad you liked it so much!

If you are interested, check out my profile for new stories. I promise, there will be more Hunter x Hunter stories coming up. I'm planning either Boyfriend Scenarios or another longer one in the coming days. Anyway, have a nice day!