Yorknew City

Once Amaia opened her eyes again she wasn't home anymore. She was in a city she has never been to before.

"So, this is Yorknew City?" she asked herself while looking around. Her shoulders felt a bit stiff and her feet hurt a little. This was nothing new to her. Every time she used her ability it ended like this. The whole time travel thing was feeding on her energy, making her feel tiered afterwards.

After stretching for a minute Amaia decided it was time to move. First of all, she had to find Chrollo Lucifer as fast as she could. The faster she can talk to him the more likely she will succeed. He was a nice man. Maybe she could trick herself to feel at least something more than friendship for him. The girl was an emotional person so it shouldn't be so hard. And maybe he will like her as well. Then she can go home, get her money and keep on living in isolation.

"Anyway... here comes nothing." With the words whispered to herself she looked at her pinky, where the red ribbon was attached to. The silky fabric was wriggling through the crowd of people on the street like a snake. Now Amaia only needed to follow it for an unknown time.

Slowly she started moving forward. The ribbon showed her the way through allies to the main road and then to a less populated area. Here she felt a bit out of place. A gloomy atmosphere hovered over her. Yet she still kept going. And then she reached an obstacle. Armed police officers blocked her way. They said no one without an invitation is allowed to enter. But why? Where have she gotten herself into?

"I'm so sorry Mister. My husband must have taken mine card with him. Is there a way for me to go inside and return with a card in two minutes?" Amaia faked a look of distress on her face. She wasn't the best fighter, but she was a good actress. She knew how to play with people's feelings – after all it was her job to trick people into liking her. She tapped her finger on his chest and flapped her eyelashes a few times. "It's so dangerous out here officer. As you see, I'm not armed. My driver already left. I promise I won't be any trouble."

The officer was still not sure what to do. He was told not to let anyone in. The woman decided to try one last thing. "You see officer, my husband and I got special vows as we married. I get lost a lot and we got this magic to bond us together, so I'll find him easier." She said as she made the ribbon visible. It passed right in front of the officer down the street. "He is in there. So pleeeaas. Otherwise, he will be really angry at you...."

"Oh! You must be the wife of one of the mafia family bosses. I guess I should let you go in. Please don't tell anyone about it." Came from the policeman with a shocked expression. The mafia was here? What was going on.

Amaia nodded and thanked the man for letting her pass, then followed her ribbon into a tall building. There were armed tuxedo-wearer everywhere. She felt watched all the way. "Is this some kind of mafia business place?", she asked herself feeling a bit unsure. Why would Chrollo be here? And why wouldn't he tell her about this?

She was coming closer to her target, so she decided to trust him a little longer. The worst thing that could happen to her was being sent back home. With a faster pace she followed the bond between her and Chrollo upstairs and into a corridor where a lot of people gathered around someone on the ground.

Amaia rushed over to see what happened. A woman with blue hair laid unconscious on the carpet floor while a man was holding her. Poor thing.

"Call a doctor, quickly!" shouted the man, looking panic-stricken. His voice was familiar.

"First floor, we're over by the north elevator. Someone's sick, call an ambulance" the guard said to his communicator awaiting an answer. Seconds later he replied, "Sorry sir, but it seems not possible as they're not going to let an ambulance come in without an auction pass."

"What did you say? What if the unthinkable happens?! She's the daughter of the Nostrade family boss!" he yelled. By then Amaia has reached them, and she noticed the red ribbon on his finger. Before her, on the ground kneeling, was Chrollo Lucifer. He looked a little bit different than when he visited her. Maybe it was the tuxedo he was now wearing?

The security allowed an ambulance to come and Chrollo picked up the girl to carry her away. Amaia acted without thinking, as she wanted to follow him so they could finally talk. She made the ribbon visible for him and pulled on it, to make sure he noticed her. There eyes crossed for a second.

"Chrollo dear, here you are. I've been looking for you. I got lost again. Could you help me?" she obviously faked her statement hope he would play along. First, he was confused but then nodded his head.

"Ah.. Here you are. Please just follow us. I'll bring this Lady to her room, then I'll show you the way again." Chrollo smiled at her with a fake warm smile. He was good. Was he only playing with this woman or were they on a date? If so, Amaia would be in trouble.

"Thank you so much!" she smiled back at him. Then, they started walking towards one of the private chambers. Chrollo had his eyes on her and on his hand, suspicious of Amaia.