Kidnapping

Chrollo decided to stay. Sadly, Amaia couldn't give him the information he needed to confirm his suspicion about leaving. There was something off. They just had two days left, so it meant they met the Chain User in that span of time. As the boss of the troupe Chrollo had to take the lead. Thus, he separated everyone in smaller teams. Amaia stayed by his side because of two reasons. First: she wanted to get closer to the man as soon as possible. Second: it was her duty to protect him.

To be honest, Amaia had a "Plan B". In the short span of time she learned to understand Chrollo and felt close to him. It was a side effect of the bond between them. Because the connection was so intense, the colors started to change her feelings for him. She saw him like an old friend in need. And what do you do in such a position? You help! That's why she came up with a plan, yet didn't tell Chrollo about it.

In the meantime, Chrollo figured out where the Chain User could be and his group started to move. Amaia followed them from a little bit further away, not wanting to cause any trouble. That's when she noticed two kids being interviewed by the boss and taken hostage. She followed them into a hotel.

Since it was raining hard on that day, Amaia was happy to finally enter a warm building. She stood by the counter and watched Chrollo and Machi as they waited for something. The atmosphere felt really crowed, even though the hotel was mostly empty. Shorty after Pakunoda and her partner arrived, the light turned off. Amaia felt someone or something rush past her. Then, she felt how the ribbon between her and Chrollo started to move harshly. At this moment she knew, what was happening. Without any further notice, she ran.

With a steady breath, she followed the red line as fast as she could. This way, she wouldn't get tired easily. The streets were flooded, making it hard to not slip. Amaia didn't knew what was awaiting her. She was ready to fight. Through the bond she could feel that Chrollo was awaiting his death, or at least his curse.

Since the ribbon can only be seen, when Amaia wants it to, the kidnapper didn't realize they were chased. This way, the girl could follow them to a landing area further away from the city. As she arrived, they were just getting out of the car. There she saw two man who held Chrollo in chains.

Her heart sunk. The one who kidnaped Chrollo was a mare child. His eyes were filled with hatred and disgust, but as soon as he noticed Amaia, they turned to shock and distress. A red glow was shining through the rain.

"What are you doing here?!" he yelled angrily. "I told Pakunoda to come alone!" He launched his chains at her but called them back before they could even reach her. He realized it. She didn't have a strong aura like the others. "You are not a spider?!" he asked, even though he knew the answer already.

Amaia shook her head. She tried to memorize his face as much as she could. This was also the reason for her mission. He had to be strong in order to keep Chrollo under control.

"I'm not one of them." Amaia explained as she come closer.

"Don't move! What do you want here?"

"I have unfinished business with the man you just kidnapped. Do you really believe I let him go before he pays me?!" she bluffed using the truth.

A woman even shorter than the kid himself nodded. "She is telling the truth."

As mentioned, Amaia wasn't the best fighter, but she knew her way around people. A lie could only be told when it was based on truth. This way, no one could ever figure out, that she was lying. Additionally, her acting skills were on point.

"Do whatever you want to do with him but let me get my reward first. I assume you can't really fight me, or else you wouldn't pull back like that." Amaia pressed as she moved towards them, even though she was asked not to. This way, she looked stronger than she was. After all, she had nothing to do.

All this time, Chrollo was unable to say a thing.

"Don't move!" he yelled.

Still, Amaia ignored him. The boy let her come closer to Chrollo. She looked into his gray eyes. It looked bad. If a fight broke out, she would probably lose, because it would be a two versus one. What to do, what to do...?

The blonde kid was watching her closely, ready to strike if needed.

She wanted to see everything happen with her own eyes and then break the bond, to go back to her future. There she would establish a new bond and go back and help him out that way. This, of course, was only if things went really bad. If she wanted to establish a new bond, it would be even stronger than the current one. Developing feelings is hard enough. But passion or even love? That is hard.

"Can I ask him one question? He only needs to nod or shake his head." the girl suggested.

"Only one, then you disappear from here." stated the boy.

Amaia nodded. She came one step closer to Chrollo. "Is there a way, you will ever love me?" The question came out as a soft whisper, shocking all around her. Chrollo looked at her, not knowing what was going on. She came for him, risked her life while doing so. Of course, he figured out she had a plan.

Could Chrollo Lucifer, the cool-headed killer, even love? The answer was clear. Amaia waited for him to shake his head and just go on. Maybe find a different way to help him in the future.

Yet he nodded slowly keeping the eye contact. A sad look on his face. He had to let her go.

"Don't joke. A monster like you is not capable to love!" yelled the blonde boy in annoyance, interrupting the moment.

His partner shook his head. "Kurapika, he is telling the truth."

As they started to discuss the matter, Amaia just stood there looking at him. He believed, that he could fall for her. Or maybe he even liked her at the very moment.

Swiftly, Amaia nodded. She did what she was planning all the time. With a swift motion, she tore the link between them in half and went back into the future. Now, she knew everything she needed. She knew the name and looks of the kidnapper. All she had to do, was to fall in love with Chrollo. This, to be honest, won't be hard. She already started to like him more than she wanted to believe.