The Plan

Thanks to Pakunoda Chrollo was able to see Amaia's memories from both the future and the past she was already in. With this information, all he could do was to believe what the girl said. The man looked fascinated by the ability to go back in time. Also, through the memories he felt much closer to the stranger standing in front of him. Amaia Ko, the time traveler. With her ability she would be a good asset to the troupe.

"Can someone explain what's going on?" asked a hairy, tall man Amaia hasn't seen before. He must be Uvogin, the one who died on the first day of the auction. Slowly more and more members arrived to the hideout, making Amaia uncomfortable.

"I'll explain everything as soon as everyone arrives." stated Chrollo without looking away from the girl. He felt close to her, even though the memories were more like a movie he had watched with himself in it.

Slowly, Chrollo rose from his sit and offered Amaia a hand. "We need to talk. Alone."

Gently, Amaia took his cold hand and followed him into a separate room, where they could talk behind closed doors. There was no need to spill irrelevant information to everyone out there. Who knows what happens, when they hear what really happened.

There, they both sat down on a dust bed. Even tough Chrollo was so much stronger than her, he threated her as an equal. They sat on the same eyelevel, just inches away from each other. The bond between them didn't feel forced at all, which was weird for Chrollo – as not many people felt about him like that, and even less people were on his friends list.

"Can you explain me, what is going on?" he asked in a soft yet straight up voice.

Amaia nodded her head. "All you saw already happened. Two times by now and each time you failed. You are planning on stealing artefacts from the underground auction, that's all I know. On the first day Uvogin died, you got captured and probably five more members died in the following month. You tried the help of a nen exorcist, but they couldn't help you. That's when we met, two years into the future. I tired to help and went back in time, but I failed because I didn't had the needed information. That's why I'm here now. To prevent everything from happening."

Chrollo nodded, understanding what she said and piecing everything together – pairing the memories he saw with her words to make more sense out of the situation, evaluating what to do next. "And the downside of your ability is to create a strong emotional bond with the person you are working with." he added, just to make sure he got everything correctly.

"That's right. So this is our last try, or do you want to end up married with me?" the girl joked, then looked serious again. Gently, she reached for his hand. Chrollo didn't mind. All he did was look down at the sensation of touch. "If you value the life of your friends and your own, then follow my lead. This time, it will work out. I promise."

A smile hushed over his face. His friends were really dear to him. He saw him self begging for help – it must have been really bad if he needed to do that. What ever happened, that Amaia did not see, it was tragic enough to break him. And to prevent this from happening, all he had to do, was to like a girl, that tried her best to help him out. That wasn't a bad deal. And if everything went right, he might even recruit Amaia into the troupe.

Slowly, he turned his hand to intertwine his fingers with hers. "Thank you for your help. I accept the offer. So, what do you suggest doing next?"

Amaia gave him a warm smile. "If you are really behind the artefacts, then just sneak in and use Kortopie to copy everything on day two. There is a fortuneteller who knows you are going to attack. The mafia probably hid the stuff away anyway. This way you can prevent Uvogin from dying for nothing. And then leave the city with me, as fast as you can. Dive under, don't draw any attention to you. That's how all of you will survive."