Feelings

Amaia learned a lot about Chrollo. He was calm, thought everything through and never acted carelessly. She knew, it was important for him to get his life back. That was why he was trying so hard to like her. She felt his attraction for her, sometimes honest, sometimes faked. Whatever he was planning, it worked just fine.

Chrollo liked to dive into anything he did. When he did anything, he gave it his all. So, Amaia wasn't surprised at all when he kissed her again. Through her power, they felt closer each day. And now after the kiss, her heart skipped a beat.

"Be mine." he whispered, "Please..." Slowly, Chrollo laid his chin down on her shoulder, hugging her while doing so. The intimate moment felt so out of place, yet so welcome. For her, it was not important if he was faking it. It felt real. His face was warm against her neck.

Slowly, as not to startle him, Amaia put her hand on his hair and started to pet hit. So soft. The embrace was warm and firm. Both of them felt safe here. He was safety and she was his safe place. All the people in the arcade just disappeared. It was just both of them. Her mind registered only then what he asked her.

As Amaia wasn't responding, the man started to speak again. Hot breaths reached her nape as he did so. "You deserve truth, as you have been honest with me. I don't know if it is love that I feel. I don't know if I'm able to love... But I know I like you. With you, I feel like a different person. Today was so much fun. I almost forgot what it feels like."

Amaia never felt this way with anybody before, and she knew... She only ever wanted to feel this way with him. Feelings could be confusing. She couldn't tell if her feelings for him were honest as well. Is her ability tricking them into liking each other because she casted it the second time already? Or was she really starting to care deeply for Chrollo?

All answers she couldn't answer. Chrollo realized what was going on in her. It felt like he was feeling the same way. But no matter what, the mission had to work out. He pulled her into another kiss like one from the movies, one that made time freeze and the world stop moving. The only thing that mattered was the girl in front of him. The reflection of the arcade's lights twinkled in his gray eyes as he pulled away. Gently, Amaia stroked his face as she gave him her reply.

"I'm all yours." she kissed his forehead.

"I'm glad to hear that." Chrollo smiled back at her. Now it was official. He was her Boyfriend. Her first one...

Suddenly a phone rang, and everything started to move again. It was Chrollo's cellphone. Growling he picked it up, listening to everything the person on the other side of the line told him. "We'll be back in 20 minutes. Make sure they don't kill each other until then." was all he said. Then, the call ended and Chrollo turned to his now girlfriend saying "We need to go. Uvogin and Hisoka are picking a fight."

"Why?"

"Not important."

Nodding, they started to move.

Outside it was already chilly and raining. As they stepped out of the entrance a breeze hit them, along with some of the rain. None of you had an umbrella at hand. Chrollo looked down at the girl and noticed her arms wrapped tightly around herself to maintain heat. "Are you cold?"

"Yeah. A little." Amaia shivered slightly, tensing her muscles to keep it in. She didn't want Chrollo to worry about her too much. "Don't worry about me. I'm not made out of sugar." she smiled weakly, but it wasn't doing a great job of convincing him.

"Here," he started to unzip his jacket, "you need it more than me."

Amaia instantly protested. "No- I don't want you to get sick. Keep it on." You put a hand on his, stopping him from continuing to remove his jacket.

"I have seen days far worse than this. Please, take it." Chrollo protested. This time, Amaia couldn't do anything against it. Even before she noticed, Chrollo put his jacket on her shoulders. "Now, let's go."

And to her surprise, he didn't even shiver once. Again, she noticed how strong he was in comparison to her. It was at this moment she decided to train more – she couldn't be a burden anymore.