Stating the Obvious

Some time passed and the Phantom Troupe was at the underground auction as Amaia waited in the hideout all by herself. She told Chrollo every little detail she knew, yet the day may end up differently. Since they didn't attack on the first day, Uvogin was still alive, the treasures were not hidden and there were no assassins hired. When everything goes well, then the group should return in mare hours with bags full of stuff. Then, Amaia would only have one more day with Chrollo before the red ribbon between them breaks.

Sighing, Amaia pulled her knees to her chest. What will happen, when everything is over? Will she just go on with her live, like nothing ever happened? Will she keep Chrollo in her heart as a dream that never came true? After the link breaks, Amaia will be sent back to her farmhouse. Two years into the future. Even if Chrollo had strong feelings for her, he would need to live two years on his own to be able to meet her.

Technically, he could meet her younger self, but that Amaia doesn't know who he was or what he was doing. And since Amaia can't recall meeting him at a younger age until now, it wont happen. For her, the two years already past. The only things that change are the following:

First off, since Chrollo won't need a nen exorcist he won't come to her place – that means once Amaia is back, she will be alone at the farm. There will be no Chrollo waiting for her. He will live a separate live without her.

Secondly, Amaia will take her payment from the past to the future. Normally, she would take gold or a suitcase filled with cash and teleport it back to the future with her.

Lastly, since she got to know the Phantom Troupe, she will feel lonely again. Maybe she will decide to find Chrollo on her own – but how do you find someone who doesn't want to be found?

After thinking about all the things, Amaia felt depressed. It's all just a job. There is no way a man like Chrollo would wait two years to see a girl like her. All of this didn't matter because there was one important thing she could never forget. Thanks to her help, Chrollo is able to stay with his friends. And that's worth her emotional unwellness. That's when Amaia realized, she really liked Chrollo. No... She started to love him.

Sunlight cut through the branches of the trees as the sun set, tucking itself in for the evening behind the buildings around the hideout. Amaia was lost in a daze, put in a trance as the colors of the clouds shifted from yellows over warm oranges to gently reds. It was already evening, and she was getting tiered of waiting. Amaia's bed was right next to a window, that's why she spent her time leaned against the wall, watching out. She waited for her newly found friends to return safely.

Machi was fun to hang around. She always asked a lot of questions about her ability. Then, there was Nobunaga who was thankful that Uvogin was alive and Pakunoda who was happy that someone helped the boss in need. All of them were so nice to Amaia. Maybe except Feitan, who rarely spoke to her and Hisoka, who was looking down on her.

Suddenly her daze was broken by Chrollo, who nudged her shoulder.

Slowly, she turned over.

"Amaia." Chrollo whispered as not to disturb her sleepy state. "We are back. To be honest I was scared when you didn't come out as we arrived. I mean, the guys were really loud, and we were calling for you." He scratched the back of his head, feeling way to venerable while being so open towards her. "I thought your job here was done and that I couldn't say goodbye."

Amaia giggled, leaning on his shoulder as the man sat down next to her on the bed. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention I guess.... Did everything went as planed?"

The man nodded. His heartbeat sped up a little as he rested his head on top of hers. "Thanks to you, every thing went perfect. You should come to the main hall and take your share."

"Oh Chrollo!" Amaia shook her head as her giggles settled into a smile. It's still weird seeing Chrollo care for someone so deeply. He could be so cheesy – Amaia couldn't help but adore it. Her eyelids grew heavy and began to close. He kissed the top of her head.

"Sleepy?" he asked. Amaia nodded slowly, moving in closer to him to feel his warmth. "Well, tomorrow is still a day. You can pick something when you wake up."

Amaia looked up at Chrollo, whose gaze was fixed on her, a little smile pulling at the corners of his lips. He looked so pure – enjoyed every little touch, every bit of love he could get like a lost puppy. Chrollo had a vast understanding of life and death yet when it came to love, he was lost and Amaia knew it.

"I love you." Amaia whispered, afraid to never get the chance to do so. After all, tomorrow was their last day. She was certain of her feelings for him. She wanted for him to remember her...

His breath stopped, his words lingering in his now open mouth. I love you. Amaia turned her face to kisse his jaw softly. "Amaia..."

She breathed against his cold, pale skin whit a voice as low as a hum. The drowsiness had its hold on her. "Shh, it's okay. I know." she smiled and so did he, ever so softly, to confirm her hunch. He loved her. Maybe in a different way, but he had deep feelings he wasn't able to acoustically indicate. All he could do was hold her in his arms – thankful, that she understood him, nonetheless. A small kiss on the back of her head was the last thing Amaia noticed that day. What she didn't knew was, that they spend the whole night, cuddled on the small bed.

Chrollo was awake for at least half an hour, just holding her and smiling. Here, he felt home. And he had to let go of that feeling soon enough. So he didn't want to waste any more minutes without her. The sad truth was, his life was not suited for Amaia. He didn't wish her any harm nor stress. Maybe he couldn't be a part of her live in the future, but why not enjoy the time he had left?

Meanwhile, Phinks got inpatient and started to look for the boss. What he found, made him grin wide. Shortly after, everyone gathered in front of the open door to Amaia's room, where the spiders saw their leader peacefully asleep with Amaia in his arm.

Pakunoda took out her phone, making at least four pictures while she smiled. "She makes him happy." she stated the obvious.