five

Calum POV

"What's taking Michael so long to get Freya to come down?" I said, taking a big sip of my beer. Oh man I loved beer. 

"I don't know, they'll come around sooner or later." Ashton nodded and started humming again. He told us about a new song idea that came to his mind when he sat on the toilet – typical for him. 

"I love this melody, I think the drums could go like this" He tapped on the table with his hands, making weird sounds to resemble his drumkit. That guy was crazy.

"Yeah and I can imagine some nice guitar solos" Luke smiled scribbling something into his notebook. "Didn't Michael start writing something? He told me about a new song he wrote. Something about being rejected, I'm not quite sure anymore."

"Guys I'm going to look for Michael" I told them and started walking out of the bar to the elevators. They didn't even notice I was gone, they were too deep into writing.

I usually zoned out completely as well when we're writing new stuff, but right now I couldn't stop thinking about what took Michael so long to pick up Freya from her room. He just told me he'd go get her because he knew I'd love to have her around. It might seem stupid but I had a little crush on her, even if I really didn't know her for that long. She was just so different.

I felt amazingly pathetic because I usually never got crushes so easily and additionally to that, she's Carl's niece. It wouldn't work out either way, so I decided to push the tiny amount of butterflies she gave me already away, but Michael noticed immediately. It was so annoying.  Michael literally noticed everything about me. He knew me better than I knew myself sometimes.

I finally reached Freya's room and I could make out Michaels voice and Good Girls playing in the background. She must have put our CD in. The thought of Freya listening to our music made me smile. 

The door was open so I decided to step in, but then I heard Michael say something.

"You have your own head and that's fucking sexy. And I've always had a thing for sassy girls"

I swear my heart stopped beating for a few seconds before I got myself to look into the room. Michael sang quietly along to the lyrics before I saw him leaning in. He couldn't possibly do that, he couldn't kiss her. He was my best friend! And he knew I had a crush on her!

 I decided to leave as quickly as I could, trying not to make any loud noises as I ran back to the hallway, taking the steps for the way down. My heart was racing and my chest felt really tight, so I decided to get some fresh air.

I took the backdoor, not wanting to deal with the paparazzi outside the hotel just for once. I sucked the cold night air in, exhaling through gritted teeth. I just couldn't believe Michael would do something like that. He barely knew her. And I was like his brother. 

I mean, it's not like I loved Freya or something like that, but brothers should respect each others crushes. I knew for sure that Michael never had a crush, he just wanted to have sex with most of the girls he flirted with.

I felt so disappointed in him. That he was making a move on my crush was one thing – but trying to get into the pants of our managers niece? What the hell did he think he was doing?

I finally calmed down a bit, my breath went back to normal again and my disappointment started to turn into sadness.

"CALUM???? OH MY GOD CALUM IS HERE" I heard a scream and suddenly about 20 girls came running around the corner, looking tired and cold but also extremely happy to see me.