nine

When I woke up the next day, Luke was already gone.

I rubbed over my temples, hoping the horrible headache I had would be gone soon. I sadly could remember all of last night even though I'd have rather forgotten about it. I decided to not even think about it and just push it away as good as possible.

"Holy shit" I muttered, taking a look at the clock. It was 5 to 2pm and I was supposed to be at the lobby at 10am as I was assigned for the make-up of today's interview again. But why didn't anyone look after me? Why didn't Luke wake me up when he left?

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand to see that my uncle left me a few messages. I closed my eyes for a second, hoping he wouldn't be mad at me.

From Carl:We let you sleep in today because I decided that it was all a little too much for you yesterday and you need a break before you get used to the work on tour. Luke told me that you didn't feel well so I think it's good for you to rest a little. xx - Carl

From Carl:Alsoplease come to the lobby at 2pm, I'd like to have you with us when we eat lunch!

2pm? Great, now I had 3 minutes left to make myself look like a human being and not the death itself. I jumped out of bed, hurrying to the bathroom to quickly brush my hair and cover the dark circles underneath my eyes with some make-up. I squeezed myself into some black skinny jeans, having no time to change the shirt I was wearing, glad that I was still having a bra on from last night. I grabbed my phone and purse, quickly running down the stairs to the lobby soon after.

"Freya!" Carl embraced me in a big hug when he saw me, stroking my head a few times before gabbing me by my shoulders to look at me. He seemed very happy today, his eyes were shining and he gave off a lot of positive vibes that made me instantly feel a lot better. I loved how Carl always seemed to spread positivity wherever he went, I honestly wished I could be as brave as him. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yes, I just have a little headache." I said quietly, smiling at him. "Guess I didn't sleep that well"

He pulled me back into a hug again and continued stroking my head. "We'll have Chinese for lunch"

"I love Chinese food" I chuckled, slipping out of my uncle's arms. "And I'm not a pet, Carl, you can stop stroking me."

"I just love you a lot okay" He said, nudging my shoulder. We started walking out of the hotel so we could get into the car waiting in front of it, surrounded by screaming girls.

I tried to ignore the crowd and the cameras, people crying out the boys' names and I could even hear someone shout mines and Carl's name. It was crazy how many fans they had, it was overwhelming and I didn't even know how successful 5 seconds of summer were until I had seen the hundreds of fans waiting everywhere they went. They couldn't go out without someone recognizing them and asking for a picture, autograph or anything else. It was insane.

Two bodyguards helped us getting into the car and I let out a big sigh of relief when they closed the door and the car started moving.

"Hey" Luke smiled at me. "How are you feeling?"

I let my gaze wander around the car, surprisingly noticing that both Calum and Michael looked at me with a small smile.

"I'm okay, I just have a little headache" I said.

"We're all very glad that that dickhead Jake couldn't do to you what he planned to do" Ashton whispered, stroking my thigh with his hand and giving me an encouraging smile. "Even Calum and Michael stopped fighting for some reason. We all decided to forget about what happened with you and Michael, is that okay for you? We really want you to be a part of us, because we know how much that would mean to Carl."