one

"Michael? That one with the pink hair?"

Hilary looked at me with wide eyes as she put my white converse in a box. We were packing my bags for the next months, trying to get everything inside the huge bag and my suitcase.

"Yeah, that one. I don't even know if his hair is still pink, I can't keep track of how many times his hair color changed. It's ridiculous"
I gasped and looked through the stack of shirts in my closet, deciding which ones I actually wanted to take with me.

"And who are the other boys?"
I could hear the overtone in her voice that told me how curious she got again. She just couldn't stop herself whenever the topic was on boys.

"I don't know and I actually don't care at all. I'm still really pissed that I have to leave Sydney."

"You're going to see the whole world though, Freya. I couldn't think of anything cooler to be honest."

"I don't think I'm going to have lots of time to see anything, despite the fact that my parents wouldn't let me go on that trip without making sure I have something annoying to do. They told me I need to help everywhere possible and, which is even worse, I'm supposed to make sure the boys are always on time and such. It's gonna be horror" I groaned and sat down on the floor. My whole room was a complete mess, clothes lying around everywhere. My closet was nearly empty by now, the bags were filled with quite everything I owned and I felt the knot in my stomach getting bigger and bigger, thinking about leaving in less than 24 hours. It literally made me feel sick.

"Oh... okay that doesn't sound like a lot of fun." Hilary dropped some clothes on my bed and placed herself next to me. "But even though I know you totally don't want to go, I think you should really try to enjoy the time as much as you can. Try to open up and say yes to the opportunities you get. This is actually a huge chance for you. Freya, you are going to visit so many countries! And I bet if it's too much for you, you can surely manage to fly back home anytime. Don't you think so? I don't believe your parents would force you to stay away from home so many months if you feel super homesick, you're only 17."

I turned towards her and let out a big sigh. "I know... I should be glad to do this but I'm just really not motivated at all. But I'll try... I'm already missing you and everything here." I hugged and tried to blink away the tears that had clustered in my eyes.

"I'll miss you, too. But come on, let's finish packing your bags and then we can get some food, alright?" Hilary gave me a encouraging smile. I nodded and stood up, ready to get this over and done with.

-----------------------------------------------

"Think positive and don't forget to text me and send me at least one photo of every city you're in. Promise?" Hilary smiled at me and intertwined her fingers with mine.

"Promise." I gave her a small smile and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Text me when you're leaving tomorrow. And DO NOT forget the pictures! Or even worse, don't forget me!"
"I won't, don't worry. How could I ever forget you?"

I watched her getting into her car and starting the engine. It made me really sad to see her for the last time driving out of my driveway.
As she disappeared around the corner, I made my way back inside and decided to watch a movie and then try to sleep, so I would be up early tomorrow and have enough time to get ready for the journey to Europe.

If I was right, we would be heading to London tomorrow, where the first show of the tour would take place. My uncle came around a few days back to tell me what exactly I was supposed to do and how everything works. It seemed pretty exhausting, as I also had to help the maskers out from time to time, doing the make-up for the shows and such. I was also supposed to be helping the technique sometimes, setting up some stuff and help carrying things.

It sounded like a fulltime job, which I wasn't used to in any way. I never worked in my life before, why should I? My parents ran a really successful company and even though I didn't like to admit it, we had a lot of money. But that's honestly not as amazing as everyone thinks, despite the cool clothes and electronics I get. My parents were busy almost all day, working at their offices, sitting on the computer for hours or having annoying phone calls.

I brushed my caramel-brown hair and washed away my make-up staring at my reflection in the mirror. I looked tired and confused; my green eyes were still a bit red of the tears I shed about an hour ago when Hilary and I had that deep conversation about my trip and our friendship. She literally meant the world to me and this was the first time we wouldn't see each other longer than 2 weeks. Hilary was my best friend since 4 years now; we met each other at the drama group of our school. She's a year younger than me, so she's still going to school. The past few weeks we spent nearly every day together, as she had summer break and I just graduated. I wasn't very good with goodbyes, neither was she but we both knew this wouldn't be forever. Jesus, I would probably be back in a few months! So I tried not to think too much about it and just let things happen.

So I guess this world trip was a new chance for me to grow and learn how to work in a team and achieve things. Hilary tried to convince me that it'll be really amazing and I kinda started to believe her. The weird feeling in my stomach wasn't that bad anymore and I felt better, even positive about the adventure waiting for me.

If there wasn't this one thing that bothered me immensely - I haven't met the boys yet and I had no clue what was expecting me.

So this was kinda short but I promise the next chapters will be more exciting because then the real stuff starts! :)

Pictures » luke hemmingsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara