Chase

RAES POV
- - - - - - - - - -

I could feel them. All of them.

I could see them just as much.

Mainly Caroline.

Her and Stefan were at some motel, talking about their troubles in paradise.

I picked up my phone next to me and called her.

"Rae?" She asked, picking up almost instantly. I walked in rooms looking for a bag in this now very empty house.

"I can see you." I grumbled as I found a duffle bag and made my way towards the kitchen. "I can feel you." I can feel them all. I was slowly driving myself insane. I could feel the calmness of Damon as he drove down a road. The race I'd just put on for Kai, along with his excitement yet terror. I could feel the fear of Caroline, not only from me but from Stefan. "You are marked and I know exactly where you are." I explained getting aggressive, I clenched my hands on the counter in the kitchen.

"Its ok! Your alive!"

"No it's not. I have to come for you. Then for Damon, and then for Kai. Or however the order goes. I have to kill you. Dont let it come to that." I hung up the phone, I saw trees in the dark as Kai began to call me, my eyes were my own again.

I looked down at his name on my phone and I answered.

"Must feel pretty good to be alive right now."

"The amount of hatred I feel for you right now makes me sick." Deep down, I didnt want to hate him. But my own mind gave me no choice. I hated him and there was no way to fight this feeling.

"Well at least your up." His voice was soft and understanding. He really just needed to shut up. I scowled at him. "Everything I said in there was all just words to make you wake up and you know that."

"Is that why you are running through the woods? Afraid of me?" I could literally feel his heart rate pick up. I glanced over and saw wooden utensils, I grabbed a knife and started to carve them into stakes. "The thing with this whole huntress thing is that I can see you, I can see you, and I can hear you. Which is exactly how I know that everything you said back in Portland- half of it was a lie."

"Well, then youd also know that I said what I said to wake you up. I wasnt going to let you be my Sleeping Beauty for the rest of eternity." He smiled at the nickname he gave me.

"All the things you've done-! You killed my family, Malachai."

"Yeah, right after you fake killed my girlfriend."

"You didnt love her! You don't love her! I dont know how many times I need to say this but I can feel what you feel! You never loved her, the only person you've ever loved has been-!" I dont know why this information startled me so much, he told me he loved me. I suppose it was how long hes loved me for.

"You." He finished for me. "The only person I've ever loved is you. And now you know how strong it is, now you know how long I've loved you. Perhaps even how much I clung onto the thought of you during our 18 years of hell. How I actually didnt feel guilty for getting you trapped but how I was hoping you would want to be with me, hoping you felt the same."

"How you mean so god damn much to me and how I'd give anything in the world up just do you could be safe. So you could be happy. Because I am in love with you, and I dont know the exact moment I started to love you. Maybe it was when I took Elena hostage at the high school and we almost kissed."

"Hate is a very strong word." I mimicked him and a very sad tone.

He walked up to me, still not looking at me. He brought one of his hands up from his pants pocket and placed it on the ball of the back of my neck, putting a light amount of pressure on it.