Pretending (Part Two)

POV CAITLIN:

When I decided to help Barry, by pretending to be his girlfriend, I never expected this lie to take on the dimensions it took. In the following days, the whole city of Central City already knew about our "relationship".

After that dinner, a little strange, at Eddie's house, we went home with the greatest calm in the world. Barry needed to think about what had just happened and the truth is, I didn't mind walking with him either. Before going to my house, we passed through the park and were just leaning over the bridge that crosses the river.

"It wasn't even bad at all," said Barry, suddenly, catching my attention.

- What?

- This dinner. I thought it would be much worse than it really was.

- It was very strange but I confess that I even had a little fun. I know we never stopped to think about what this lie implies and I understand that you did not want to go through being my boyfriend for much longer, but ...

- Caitlin, this lie doesn't bother me. You and I know the truth ... If the rest of the world thinks we are dating, I have no problem with that. Unless you have!

- No!

- What do you think about leaving here, girlfriend. It's just getting late and tomorrow we have to wake up early.

- I think it's a good idea.

Barry used his super speed and in a matter of seconds we were already at my door. As soon as I entered my house, I went to brush my teeth and then changed my clothes to go to sleep. It was a little tricky to fall asleep, because my head was still racing, but after a while I ended up falling asleep.

The next morning, as we all came in a few hours later, due to a guided visit by university students, guided by Harrison Wells, Cisco, Barry and I agreed to go to breakfast at Jitters. As soon as I finished getting ready, I took my coat and purse and left the house.

After parking, I entered the Jitters and was looking for Cisco and Barry and when I saw them sitting at one of the coffee tables, I went to sit next to them, staying in the chair next to Barry. Just as we had planned last night, me and Barry were going to talk to Cisco about our fake dating, Iris came in with Eddie and as soon as they saw us, they came to us.

- Good morning Cisco, good morning couple. - Iris said smiling. - Can we sit with you?

"Couple?" Asked Cisco confused and I kicked him.

- Sorry, he hasn't had his coffee yet, - said Barry, laughing.

Iris and Eddie were with us for only ten minutes, because Eddie got a call from Joe to let them know that they had a new crime scene and Iris took the opportunity to go to the newspaper. Now that the three of us were alone, it was time to explain to Cisco what had just happened.

"And that's why we have to look like a couple in front of them both," said Barry.

"Now I understand, but I realize that you helped him, but you couldn't have invented anything else?" Asked Cisco.

- That's what came out of the moment.

After we had finished our breakfast, we went to pay for what we consumed and left Jitters. We got in my car and drove to STAR Labs. When we got there, we also saw some university students who were enrolled in the tour to the laboratory and after giving the good morning to the security guard who was at the entrance of the laboratory, we went to the cortex.

Cisco and I put our things on our desks and turned on our computers. As soon as the last group of students left STAR Labs, Wells joined us. Although, at the moment, we are not accepting new staff, due to the type of work we do here, our laboratory continues on the route of college tours.