Strangers

BARRY POV:

- You have my phone number here if you ever want to continue this conversation, - said the woman, getting up from the garden bench. - My name is Caitlin.

Hello guys, my name is Bartholomew Henry Allen, but my friends call me Barry and I am a scientist in the Criminal and Forensic Science Division of the Central City Police Department (CCPD) . Despite appearing to be like everyone else in this city, I have a particularity that makes me a very special individual. This particularity is called powers! I know it's a little bit bizarre, but it's the truth. The only people who know about my power are my friends Cisco and Harry from STAR Labs, Joe, who is like a father to me and my best friend since childhood Iris West.

You must be wondering why a perfect stranger had just given me her cell phone number ... So let me explain! I was finishing my shift at CCPD, but as soon as I left the door to go to STAR Labs, I realized that I had forgotten something on my desk. However, as soon as I returned to the CCPD I saw my best friend kissing with one of the recent detectives. Eddie. And now you ask me what is wrong with them kissing? The problem is that I have been in love with Iris since I was five years old.

I knew she was interested in a person, I just didn't know that person worked in the same place as me, which made things very complicated for me, because I would have to watch scenes like these in the future. After seeing this scene in front of me, I didn't even bother to go to my office, because what I really wanted was to get out of there and that's what I did.

But I knew I could not go to STAR labs this way, as I would not be helping anyone, so I chose to go for a walk in the park that was located between the CCPD and STAR labs. As it was time for lunch, I went to the van that was at the entrance to the park, which served fantastic hot dogs and went to eat inside the park, ending up sitting on one of the garden benches that were close to the river.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but can I sit down?" Asked a woman, who appeared to be about my age, who also had one of the hot dogs in her possession.

I confess that I found it a little strange that she wanted to sit here next to me, since there were lots of garden benches in this area, which were empty, but I wasn't going to be rude to the woman, so I just shook my head and she sat down .

- I know that you must be finding it very strange to have approached you in this way, but it was that I was going through and I saw you so sad that I was curious to know what is happening.- she said, then giving a crack at her hot dog.

- I was here submerged in the world of thoughts.

- Well, I realized so! And do you want to tell me what's going on? You know that strangers are the best people to vent about love problems.

"How do you know they are love problems?" I asked, curious.

- Intuition! But tell me what's going on.

- I'm in love!

- And why is that bad? Being in love is a very good thing!

- Not when you're in love with your best friend, who's in love with a colleague of yours.

- Okay, so things get really complicated.

Although it was a little strange at first that I was venting my love problems with a complete stranger, then it ended up becoming a little therapeutic. I told her my life story, hiding the fact that I had powers and I didn't tell her the specific names of my friends or the people who are most involved in my personal life.

- It really is a complicated situation that you are going through. I can't tell you that I understand your situation because I've never been in a similar situation, but the most I can tell you is that over time things will improve. I know it may not seem like it now, but seeing them together will get easier!

- Do you really think?

- Yes! Time heals everything ... I can't tell you how long it takes until your heart doesn't feel hurt when you see them, but that day will come when seeing them will be like seeing a normal couple walking through the park .

- Do you know something? You were really right. Apparently unknown people are really good listeners.

- I warned you! Well, as much as I love this conversation and believe that I am, I have to leave, because today I start a new job and I don't want to be late on my first day.

- Go ahead. It was a pleasure to meet you.

- The pleasure was all mine! You have my cell phone number here if you ever want to continue this conversation, "said the woman, rising from the garden bench." My name is Caitlin.

- I'm Barry! And I hope you have a good first day at work.

I confess that I was curious about the woman and with just this little bit I had the feeling that she was an excellent person. Almost ten minutes after she left my side, I got up from the garden bench and went to STAR labs.

- Barry, I thought you were coming later today.- Cisco said as soon as I got to the control room.

- I finished my shift earlier and decided to see how things are here.

- I am glad that you came because in a little while Harry will introduce us to the new scientist.

- And this is our control room and I admit it is the part of the laboratory where we spent most of our time. Now I'm going to introduce you to your two new colleagues, "said Harry, who was accompanied by a woman." These are Cisco Ramon and Barry Allen.

"You?" We asked them both at the same time.

"Do you know each other?" Asked Harry, confused.

- We met a little while ago in the park.

- Very well. As you already know, this is Caitlin Snow, our new bio-engineer.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," said Cisco.

- The pleasure is all mine, I am very anxious to be able to start my work here.- said Caitlin smiling.

- And, Harry, she knows about .... What you know.

- Yes! In fact, she came to STAR labs to help us with metahumans.

After she settled on her new desk, Harry asked Cisco to go with him to the armament room, due to a new prototype that they had been working on for a few months, leaving me alone with Caitlin.

- Well, it seems that we will have more possibilities to continue our conversation.

- It seems so! I think fate wanted us to know each other.

Destiny or not, the truth is that a complete stranger managed to brighten my day and knowing that I will have the opportunity to get to know her better going forward makes me very happy.