Everything Changes (Part III)

Three months later...

POV CAITLIN:

Three months have passed since Frankie came to live with me and it has also been three months since Barry moved into my house and I can tell you that it has been the best months of my life. The first week was a little complicated, not because we were fed up with each other, but the truth is that neither I nor Barry were used to having to be in charge of a teenager and a teenager with an extra powerful and unpredictable personality, but over time things got easier.

Although three months have passed, things in Central City have not changed much, with the exception of our new daughter. However before you are wondering what is going on between me and Barry, I will explain to you ... We are just best friends who happen to have a daughter together.

Every Friday afternoon and Saturday, Frankie came to STAR Labs where she took classes with Barry and Harry to learn how to control her extra personality, Magenta, and, over time, learn to use her powers and extra personality in a positive way. It was an intense job, but you can clearly see the difference. Today, Frankie is a teenager who is no longer afraid to face a small disagreement with her colleagues and because of that she is much happier.

For the past month, Barry and I have been meeting with Edward every week to discuss Frankie's adoption. And finally, I can tell you, today will be our last meeting, so if everything goes as planned, today we will be with Frankie's permanent custody. Barry wanted to tell Frankie what we are doing, but I thought it was better not to do it, because I didn't want her to be hopeful and in the end, the process didn't go through.

Right now, Barry and I were sitting in the waiting room of Edward's office, as he was attending to a couple who had arrived earlier than us.

"So are you prepared to be a teenager's father?" I asked Barry.

- I've been doing this for the past few months.

- Yes, but now it's official.

- It is really a huge responsibility, but I am so happy that I can have the opportunity to be part of our little family. You know that since that day, when we had to fight "her", that I became very attached to the girl, so I am really happy to be her new dad.

- Frankie is very lucky to have you as a father.

- I can say the same about you. It can be seen from a distance that she admires you a lot and that she likes you a lot.

- Barry and Caitlin, come in, - said Edward's secretary.

Unlike the other times we have been here, this meeting is going to be quick as we just need to sign the adoption papers. So, barely sitting on the chairs, Edward gave us a document and a pen. After we signed the document, which without exaggerating it should have been at least twenty pages long, Edward went to make a photocopy and ten minutes later he returned to his office.

- This is your copy of the adoption process, - said Edward, handing me the photocopies. - It is with great pleasure that I hand you the documents. Frankie will be very happy when she finds out that the two of you are, legally, her parents.

- Thank you so much Edward for everything. Without your help, this had never been possible.- I said smiling while looking at the papers in my hand.

- No need to thank, I was just doing my job.

After saying goodbye to Edward and before we go to STAR Labs, we went through Jitters and bought everyone sweets and coffees. As soon as we got to the cortex, we saw that Frankie was talking to Cisco.

- What are you doing here so early? Shouldn't you be in class? "Asked Barry.

- The teacher is missing, so instead of staying in school doing nothing, I decided to come to my parents, who happened to not be here. Where have you been? Shouldn't you be working?

- We went to deal with a very important matter. In fact, we have a gift for you, "I said, handing her the envelope containing the adoption certificate.

"What is this?" Asked Frankie, smiling.

"Open it and you'll see," Barry replied, also smiling.

- It can not be? Is this what I think it is? - Frankie asked after opening the envelope and reading the paper.

- If what you're thinking about is your adoption certificate... Yes, it is!

- Are you really going to adopt me?

- Honey, we already adopted you. As of today, you are our daughter! - I replied and she just hugged us.

- I see that she is happy with the news.- said Cisco watching the scene.

- You are kidding?! This is the best news ever ... Even better than when you  went to get me from Keystone. But are you really sure that this is what you want? I don't want you to feel obliged to adopt me just because of Magenta.

"Magenta has nothing to do with our decision!" Said Barry.

- Frankie, we made this decision because we no longer imagined living in a house without you being with us. We did this, because we really want you to be our daughter.- I said smiling.

- I also really want to be your daughter.

- I am really glad that we're on the same page, - said Barry and Frankie went to hug him.

It is true that in just three months, a lot has changed in our lives, that is, mine, Barry's and Frankie's, and it is true, too, that from now on a lot will change, but I would not go back with this decision. Having asked for Frankie's custody was the best thing that ever happened to me and having done it in Barry's company, I confess it was quite pleasant.